Malt Extract Recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack Straw

Reaction score
Can someone post some easy, three-four step, good, malt extract recipes?

Or links to them.

Basically I just want to buy the can of extract, boil, ferment bottle and drink within 15 days.

Thanks!

Ready to drink in 15 days is going to be a little on the thight side timewise, it might take a few days more. Go for a can of Pale Ale extract from a well-know label and use all extract instead of part extract part sugar, it will give a better tasting beer. If you use enough viable yeast, and stick to one fermentation you could have drinkable beer in around 15 days, 5 days fermenting and 10 carbonating. However, allowing say 7 -10 days for fermenting and 14 days for carbonation might give better results.

Give it a go!

Jack Straw said:
Basically I just want to buy the can of extract, boil, ferment bottle and drink within 15 days.

The only way I can think of to accelerate the brewing process is to raise the temporature in the drum during the first stage of fermentation.. (say 28C with an Ale yeast).

But if you rush the drinking it's just going to taste too green. pass

Jack,
I posted a malt extract recipe for a 5 gallon IPA on this forum, the topic was called IPA (partial mash). It used dry malt extract rather than syrup (you could sub with syrup) but it was very easy and it came out tasting really good (Next time I will definitely add more hops to this recipe). At twenty days I couldn't wait any longer and had to start drinking it. All the instructions for brewing are with the recipe. It does include a half pound of crystal malt, but I just put this in cheescloth and let it steep in my kettle as I brought the water to boil.

Latest posts

Back