IPA results

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Accoustiknoyz

Reaction score
Thanks for a cool site folks. Good to learn from all of you. Well my EDME English IPA's been in the bottle about a week and I had to sample (it's young, I know). With a moderate pour I got a inch of foam on top of a nice ice tea colored IPA which has a good taste. I expect aging will turn it into one nice IPA. A little concerned with the carbonation a little on the high side, but seems to diminish nicely and the Final Gravity was 1.12. Very rewarding!

Aaaaaah sweet dividends at the end of the line! I went ahead and brewed a Beach Blonde Pale Ale from LME and grains last week, but thankfully I'll have a homebrew on hand during the next session! :mug:

That sounds good! It's great having your own homebrew, isn't it?!

As far as the high level of carbonation, sometimes that subsides a bit after it's been in the fridge for a little while. It seems like the carbonation goes more into the beer after it's been refrigerated for a couple of days. If I take a beer out and stick in in the fridge and drink it the same day, I've noticed the same thing as you. But after two days or longer in the fridge, the carbonation seems "softer" and the beer is bubblier, but the head isn't any bigger.

Now, I could just be imagining it, too. But that's what I think, anyway!

Yooper Chick said:
That sounds good! It's great having your own homebrew, isn't it?!

As far as the high level of carbonation, sometimes that subsides a bit after it's been in the fridge for a little while. It seems like the carbonation goes more into the beer after it's been refrigerated for a couple of days. If I take a beer out and stick in in the fridge and drink it the same day, I've noticed the same thing as you. But after two days or longer in the fridge, the carbonation seems "softer" and the beer is bubblier, but the head isn't any bigger.

Now, I could just be imagining it, too. But that's what I think, anyway!

Not imagining...cold liquid will dissolve more CO2!

Back