CO2 on Long Island

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey does anybody know of a good place to get a CO2 refill on Long Island? Preferrably around the western suffolk/eastern nassau area?

Hey does anybody know of a good place to get a CO2 refill on Long Island? Preferrably around the western suffolk/eastern nassau area?

I use Long Island Soda Systems on Lincoln ave in Holbrook. They charge $15 to fill your CO2 (5 lb.). If you don't have your own bottle, they will take a $100 security from you. If you do, they will just exchange your bottle for one of their full ones.

Clinton Welding on jericho turnpike in Jericho (right next to home depot). I go there because they offer refills instead of swaps for both co2 and beer gas. They also have Saturday hours (9 to 12).

I have used Airweld in Farmingdale. $18 fill or swap but can't always do fill on site. I've left it for them and picked up next day. Last time I went to Clinton (see above post) $15 and filled immediately. I bought a second 5lb tank, so immediate fill is not critical and I can use it for my portable kegerator. Good luck.

Triweld in bay shore. It was around 15. They filled my tank on the spot.

there is a place on new south road in hicksville. just south of the train tracks on the east side. blanking on the name, used them when i had a kegerator.

I got my first fill from LI Soda Systems who have apparently since moved (not very far down the block). Last I was there it was $12 for a 5lb, $18 for a 10, $25 for a 20, and if the hydro is out of date, it's $35 and they send it out (I think to Ken-Mar below); pretty sure it's cash only. They only do fills Monday mornings until about 1pm sometimes a touch later, otherwise, they'll do swaps for you. When I brought them my new tank, the guy filling it gave me a nylon crush washer to go with it. Nice.

Ken-Mar Fire Extinguisher in East Northport is practically the exact same price-wise. However they fill during their normal hours (M-F 8am - 4:30pm IIRC), hydros are $25 and they do them on-site (they need about a day to do them), and they don't do swaps but will refill while you wait. They take credit but prefer cash. Best part about going to Ken-Mar? You can literally see Karp's Hardware and Homebrew Supply from their building.

I use clinton welding as well and I am definitely a fan. American compressed gas in hicksville would only swap tanks and that seems to be the case with many of the places. I am in no way trading my new aluminum tanks for a P.O.S. 20 year-old steel tank. Clinton fills it on the spot for $15 flat and the guys there are nice and helpful. I definitely recommend this place.

Local welding shop only does 5lb tanks and not the 2.5 I got with my kegerator. Called up liss and they sound aces. Have cornys too apparently. Anyone grab those from them?

Local welding shop only does 5lb tanks and not the 2.5 I got with my kegerator. Called up liss and they sound aces. Have cornys too apparently. Anyone grab those from them?

Yeah, I've bought 7 kegs from them in the past. Last time I was there I bought 3. They had about 15 in the back and there were only about 5 of them I would consider. The rest were pretty nasty with large dents or dings and broken handles. They looked really beat up. The price is great though. $25 each or 5 for $100. If you can find 5 that is :)

Thanks for the help. Grabbed 2 cornys with all the fittings and a distributor with some line and clamps. Paid a little over $100 for everything and now I'm set. Anyone on Long Island this is a good spot.

Thanks for the help. Grabbed 2 cornys with all the fittings and a distributor with some line and clamps. Paid a little over $100 for everything and now I'm set. Anyone on Long Island this is a good spot.

what store is this?

EDIT: after rereading the thread i figured it out lol, going to check out this place soon!

I got my first fill from LI Soda Systems who have apparently since moved (not very far down the block).

Can you, or anyone, please confirm this location?

I found a place called Island Soda in Holtsville not Holbrook, but it's not on the same road. I also found a Long Island Soda Systems in Patchogue, but again, completely different road.

I got my hands on a 20lb for $10 but I need to get it tested/swapped. Any help would be appreciated.

Can you, or anyone, please confirm this location?

I found a place called Island Soda in Holtsville not Holbrook, but it's not on the same road. I also found a Long Island Soda Systems in Patchogue, but again, completely different road.

I got my hands on a 20lb for $10 but I need to get it tested/swapped. Any help would be appreciated.

Long island soda systems moved from holbrook to Patchogue, just east of 112, south of montauk hwy. On a small road right off montauk.

Thought I’d update this thread since I just used to try Clinton, the shops still there and I’d highly recommend. $15 full for 5lbs very friendly.

Latest posts

Back