Bison Brewing Chocolate Stout

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McKBrew

Reaction score
Found this a couple of days ago. Paid almost $13 for a 6 pack. I read some reviews on Beer Advocate before I tried it, most reviews said it was very chocolately, etc...

Personally, and it may have just been the time I was drinking it, I didn't think it was excessively chocolately at all (I wanted more).

Any other opinions on this beer?

If this is Bison Brewing in Berkeley, CA, I was never impressed with their brews. Good, but not great. On the other hand, chocolate ales rarely have a strong chocolate flavor. Very chocolaty for an ale isn't even See's.

It is the one from Berkeley. For the price I wasn't significantly impressed. They say dutch chocolate is added to it, but I've found comparable chocolate flavor from those with just Chocolate Malt added.

I have not found the Youngs yet.

I couldnt get the bottles to not foam over. Months in the fridge and when I opened the last one it still foamed over....a lot.

I'll never buy another one

Sean

Back