Ingredient Kits?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MisterWhoBrew

Reaction score
Hey guys! So, I've always been interested in the home brewing idea for an additional hobby, but until now I have not had the time nor space to get started.

I got myself a basic plus kit (secondary fermenter, carboy etc) set-up for Christmas. I've got a good book, How To Brew by John Palmer, and my always supporting wife got me a subscription to Brew Your Own magazine.

The only thing I am worried about are the actual ingredients. For my first batch, I just want something simple and straight forward - just to get the process and the enjoyment factor going. I don't feel comfortable trying to assemble my own list of ingredients or buying them individually.

Can any of you recommend a site with complete ingredient kits? I've done my own searching of course.. but being completely new to the interest I'd rather get some seasoned opinions. Any information is much appreciated.

Any of those kits from austinhomebrew.com will be a good kit for you to brew from. Just use those extract kits for the first few times, read as much as you can, and then put your own little tweakes in once you feel a little more comfortable. Sanitization is key to having a good beer so make sure you watch that closely. I'm reading Palmer's book as well and make sure you follow some of things he says in there as far as rehydrating the yeast...........that'll help make things start off in the right direction. Have fun, it's addicting!

+1 Austine HomeBrew - I would go towards a darker 1st brew - You can make many more mistakes with a dark beer then a lighter colored beer .

To many people start with an IPA which I feel is not a good way to begin!

I have always used morebeer or northern brewer. Both have good kits but morebeer has kinda slow shipping

Find out if you have a local brew store in your area. Many of those stores have kits in stock and if it is like mine, they have their own kits that come from local home brewer's recipes.

+1 for Northern Brewer. They have some really cool kits, easy directions, fresh ingredients and also they have BrewTV which is an awesome show :p

Back