Keg post?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulgs3

Reaction score
I picked up 3 used cornies from a supplier. I went to clean them out and I had a really hard time getting the "out" hose to couple with the post. So after some fighting, cussing and minor altercations with the keg, out on a sheer whim I tried plugging the "IN" line onto the "OUT" post and it fit. As it is now, with the 3 kegs I have 5 posts fit my gas in line, and 1 post fits my beer out hose.

I shot the supplier an email asking about it, and I'm getting the feeling that they think I'm nuts. Am I missing something here? is it possible these some how got switched or am I just lacking Wheaties in my diet and I need to force the coupler onto the post?

Thanks in advance. Sorry if my terminology is wrong.

Usually the "out" posts have small slots on the nut part of the post. The "in" post usually has no markings. They are just a little smaller on the out side than the in side. The gray is for IN, and the Black is for the OUT.

I made the same mistake when I first started. As a matter of fact I started a very similar thread to yours!

OK, I can see the difference now, the bev out post has more of a /_\ and the gas in is more of a [_] Its very subtle. But I think the screamer is my one keg has two of the 12 points nut posts in her.

So... yes I do have gas in posts in my bev out. :mad:

Usually the "out" posts have small slots on the nut part of the post. The "in" post usually has no markings. They are just a little smaller on the out side than the in side. The gray is for IN, and the Black is for the OUT.

I made the same mistake when I first started. As a matter of fact I started a very similar thread to yours!

Umm..I think you're backwards on this one here :)

beerports.jpg
[/IMG]

I think this happens a lot to people who take apart multiple kegs at a time when cleaning them and don't keep the parts separated. They should send you a new post.

It took me about an hour to figure that out, I had to disassemble the kegs multiple times to get them all right. Now I clean 1 at a time, less to get mixed up

Back