I'm making my first batch this weekend...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

misskortney

Reaction score
I'm here to read, read, ask questions and read some more.

I am a beer lover at heart, but the grape vines in my yard just couldn't be ignored. I had said I would start beermaking this fall, but I'll be trying my hand at wine first.

This looks like a fantastic forum and I can't wait to dive in! Does anyone have any words of wisdom to pass on this afternoon?

Okay, I've got my beer kit and all of my winemaking stuff too... I'm about to get started! I have a couple questions:

A couple recipes I've read say I have to ferment the wine about 10 days, then rack, wait a week, rack again... Is this necessary? How many times should I be moving the wine before I bottle it? I understand that the process is different than beer, so maybe this is important, but I want to know what my best (i.e. easiest, most efficient) option is.

I didn't get a nylon bag to put my fruit in. It looks like I can strain the fruit out after fermentation. Is that true? Will this be okay or do I need to go back to the lhbs?

Back