What's your favorite fall and winter beers?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HalfPint

Reaction score
Just trying to get some good ideas. I'm thinking about some browns and possibly some spiced beers, but I'm open to suggestions for beer to brew for family coming into town next month. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE???

Gotta throw in some winter warmers and other such big brews. As well as the big Belgian brew.

Brown ales, porters and stouts. I have a ton of cool bombers I can't wait to split with a pal by the fire when it's cold as dick outside. Close the Christmas I tend to drink some port wine with the fam usually a little 3 or 4 day phase that I also love. Winter > summer when it comes to drinking IMO.

Pumpkin, Stouts, Spiced ales and Ciders. I look forward every year to fall. Love the mixture of my birthday, football, and pumpkin beers. Gets no better than that.

I associate cooler weather with Barely wines and Bocks of any sort. I drink stouts all year long, but not discounting the value of a good one on a crisp evening by the fire.

I love crisp copper ales in the fall. The colour and flavour matches the maple and oak leaves as they are preparing for winter. During the winter, black ales with hints of roasted nuts and chocolate with a medium body. A beer that, when taken with a nice brandy, doesn't stand out but accentuates the seasonal foods.

Back