Dry hop Wee Heavy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJBrewer

Reaction score
Just a question, I know a Wee Heavy is suppose to be very malty but just for fun can you dry hop with some spicy hops, like hallertau? maybe like 0.5 oz? I might be going off the deep end on this one, I only breason I bring it up cause I just brewed a Wee Heavy and becasue I put in in my frig when the AC went out and the cold frig sucked up water from the blow off jug. I was thinking I could counter act the extra water with a little hop aroma? Let me know what you think! Thank you! :drunk:

Not saying you can't do it. I think hop aroma and flavor is very out of place in a Scottish ale. I'm not a huge fan of Founder's Dirty Bastard for this reason.

I wouldn't worry about the style at this point if you feel that the brew has been significantly altered. If you like hops, then go ahead. You can just call it an experimental brew based on a wee heavy. ;)

I just dry hopped a gallon of my recent mild with some EKG just to see what happens. Its your beer, make it that way :)

Back