New NY brewing law being pushed

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Um so you're a month late calling out the spammer, who happens to be linking to a .gov site? hehe ok no problem. Yes it's funny, something like this law tries to get passed every couple years here in the People's Republic of New York. The grocery stores always like it, because it means they can sell wine in addition to beer. Ok hm I think that one already passed. Funny thing is I have yet to see beer for sale in liquor stores around here. Well whatever it is, don't worry, whoever stands to make the most money and has bought the most politicians will win in the end. OR, if California happened to pass a similar law recently, well heck, that's a shoe in in NY.

Um so you're a month late calling out the spammer, who happens to be linking to a .gov site? hehe ok no problem. Yes it's funny, something like this law tries to get passed every couple years here in the People's Republic of New York. The grocery stores always like it, because it means they can sell wine in addition to beer. Ok hm I think that one already passed. Funny thing is I have yet to see beer for sale in liquor stores around here. Well whatever it is, don't worry, whoever stands to make the most money and has bought the most politicians will win in the end.

It was a today post.I didn't want to quote it and notified the mods. The post was removed. So it only looks like I was a month late.:D

Ohhhh ok got it now, phew I like to jump to conclusions. Though I do stand by the rest of my post! (Except if the PR of NY calls me to court to question it, in which case I have no idea what they're talking about, and, hm, it's probably, like identity theft, or something like that).

iaefebs said:
It was a today post.I didn't want to quote it and notified the mods. The post was removed. So it only looks like I was a month late.:D

Ah I saw your post and wasn't sure how I came across as a spammer. It all makes sense now :p.

I was idly trying to figure out what it would take to get one of these licenses and figured I'd post that it looks like it passed.

I'd be curious to know what they found out if anyone has actually looked into it in more detail. I read that it will lower the tax burden on small breweries by quite a lot.

Sweet. It sounds like in the article, that he is alredy making the malt. I wounder if it could be bought somewere.

Back