2.5 gallon glass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Draken

Reaction score
Is there such thing as a 2.5 gallon glass carboy? Where could I get such a thing??

Oh I know, but I am looking specifically for 2.5... Or a way to reduce the airspace in a 3 gallon to 2.5 so I can use them as a secondary.

I was in my local Natural Food store this week picking up some supplies and they have 5 gal water bottles there for $18. Glass carboys filled with spring water!!
They also have 2.5 gal glass carboys filled with spring water!
I think they were around $12.
I have never seen 2.5 gallon carboys before. These were the same diameter as the 5 gallon ones, just short and fat.

That's what I want those 2.5 gallon glass water bottles! Where can I find them?

Yep, they have them over here in Fayetteville. I picked up one and a buddy of mine picked up one himself.

scientific material store will have uber expesive glass carboys like this made to handle any environment. You can get an 8 pack (maybe its 6) from amazon of these for like $800 dollars.

If you drink wine, custom order a Balthazar size champagne bottle (cheapest available company) which come out to like 2.6 gallons (12 liters)

A 3 gallon carboy from Midwest Supplies is 3 gallons + 12oz to the middle of the neck. Just measured and marked one.

How about increase your recipe to match the secondary carboy size?

The wine thing would work, but how many charges could you get from that little bottle.

Whole foods in houston has 2.5 gallon carboys filled with spring water for 9.99 + a ~$15 deposit for the bottle.

Back