New False bottom and kettle drain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gwitz

Reaction score
Just about finished some upgrades on my system, figured id show my hard work off. My best estimate is I drilled at least 3k holes for the false bottom. I had to grind off the burs and then drill them all again to clean them out. Needless to say iv learned my lesson and wont be doing it again haha.

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2361.jpg

Wow, I applaud your effort. I have thought about tackling this many times...just haven't gotten over the mental barrier yet lol.

Haha yah....i dont know if i knew then what i know now if i woulda done it. It took probably 5 hours of drilling and at least an hour of grinding and sanding it clean. It fits perfectly into my MT though, hoping to get a brew off tomorrow to see how it works. Decent weather has made it hard to keep my light beers on tap, so this downtime is kinda hurting a bit haha.

The new Fb just had its maiden voyage today, actually the boil is just ramping up as i type. Worked marvelously, but i may need to rethink my herms.

Back