Hose clamps for silicone hoses?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicadrick

Reaction score
I am curious if anyone has found a removable clamp that doesn't damage high temp silicone tubing with repeated on/off clamping. I have seen some suggestions of using Oetiker style clamps but that is a permanent solution. I still have the occasional need to run a hose with the QD removed, or move it from one barb to another until my rig has achieved perfect ;).

If you have found something that works well as a clamp and provides damage free removal please advise.

Thanks!

Cable ties are what you want. They have worked much better for me than hose clamps. Cheap, easy on easy off. Eliminated leaks I had from compressing too much with hose clamps.

Cable ties are what you want. They have worked much better for me than hose clamps. Cheap, easy on easy off. Eliminated leaks I had from compressing too much with hose clamps.
Thanks samc. That is simple enough. I will keep that option in my back pocket.

I use a hose clamp from McMaster - part number 5076K14 - its a smooth band worm clamp that won't cut into the hose at the edges of the clamp... works great.

These are great and leave no marks on the silicone, no tools needed just a quick pinch to tighten, and they release easily :
http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=11275
Large-kwiklamp-th.jpg

Latest posts

Back