• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Electric Brewery for SALE!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kxx

Reaction score
Help this Electric Brewery find a new home!!

I will be moving into a new place in a few months, smaller than my current location. I have an electric HERMS system I've been using for the last 2 years, that I will not have the space or power to run at my new location... So, I will likely be building or buying something smaller. Anyway, I'll be selling this system, so let me know if interested and I can send some pics.

The loot:

1 - Therminator
1- set of Therminator Quick disconnect s

1 - March Pump w/Polysulphone Head

1 - 8" Adjustable Thermowell(from stirplates.com)
2 - Wired Rancos - single direction
1 - Dial Thermomitor

1 - Minibrew Mash Tun 15g
1 - Minibrew Hot Liqour Tun 15g W/ heat Exchange coil(copper) & w/ 1" heating element thread
1 - Boil kettle(keggle converted) 15g w/ 1 " heating element thread

1 - Electric Brewery Control(from Highgravitybrew.com) 30A/220V
1 - 3500W heating element (for HLT) 30A/220V
1 - 4500W heating element (for Boil Kettle) 30A/220V

1 - Float switch(from Morebeer)
3 - 1/2" ball valves
1 - Std Hop Stopper, Special Nipple 1/2 for kettle attachment(from homebrewsolutions)

6 - Polysulfone Quick Disconnect Coupling - 1/2" Male Pipe Thread Body

3 - Polysulfone Quick Disconnect - 1/2" Inline Hose Barb Insert

1 - Polysulfone High-Flow Quick Disconnect Coupling - 1/2" Elbow Hose Barb Insert

I originally ordered the simple electric brewery system from :http://www.highgravitybrew.com/prod...-Electric-Brewery-Mashing-System-276p2351.htm

Batch by batch, to improve my process I added pieces here and there; therminator, floatswitch, hopstopper, etc.

A bit on the process... I usually get ~83% efficiency. It works wonderfully - with a little practice you can keep your mash temp within 1-2 degrees of your desired target.

This is a well used system(I've brewed about 40 batches with it), but it still works very well. I'd like to sell it all-in-one and will consider serious offers.

Adding the pieces, the system amounts to about 2000.00(New). I'm willing to cut this price in half, and will consider reasonable offers.

PM me if you're interested and have questions... and I can send pics. I'm in the Lowell, Ma area.

Posting pics might help. It sounds really cool, I've looked at those before on their site.

Unfortunately I have no where near that electric capacity...

Yeah, the system(like any) takes a bit of getting used to, but works wonderfully once you get it going. The Minibrew tuns really do work well, too.

I don't have a premium account so can't post pics at the moment, but anyone interested PM me and I can send over some!

OK

I just posted a few pics in the my gallery area of my profile. So go there to view them. If you want to see images of any particular piece PM me and I can snap a shot of it this week, and send it your way.

pump_recirc.jpg

Therminator_QD.jpg

QD_BK.jpg

Sparge6.jpg

Mash_Recirc.jpg

GravityTransferBKtoFermentor.jpg

Boil_kettle.jpg

BK_hopstoper.jpg

Not a bad looking system. I have been kicking the idea to go electric but I am more then 2000 miles from you and shipping would be a killer.

Man, I have looked at these pictures 14,283 times and have the "I want's" really bad. It's a little outta my reach but I do like it and wish you luck on a total sale.

And thanks to those inquiring. It appears the biggest obstacle will be shipping costs. I'm looking at way to get the cheapest rates... any suggestions would be welcome.

I already have a three Keggle system with pumps, but have been looking to go electric for a while. If you are going to break it up I would love to know your price for all the heating and electronics items as a bundle . Please let me know as I would love to take it off your hands!

I'm interested. Would need to deal with the wife to have any chance though.

How long does a typical brew day take with this system and how much storage space is required? Does it need to remain intact or is it easily disassembled. Thanks.

Back