So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
brewing up the house pal ale(Amarillo) tomorrow and then Saturday is a big brew day at brew club president's house. We are brewing 30 gallons of Dragon's Milk clone and a few others in the club are brewing up an additional 30 so that we can barrel age it!!!

It's officially hot here. I'm cooking up a blonde ale with amarillo and centennial on Sunday morning in the Brew Chapel (my shop). I've seen the light.

Shtoked.

Just brewing up some black IPA now... MMmMMmm. Smells good. Think my wort has something to tell me...

1399687106923.jpg

Brewing up that belgian wit that my starter was nowhere near ready for last week. Just got the kettles into the bathtub. The standard tell guests "Yes, that's two full pots in the bathtub. Nothing to see here. Move along." routine.

Brewing the Regal Pale Ale from AHA Big Brew tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Watching the boil on a high gravity Saison as I type. I'm doing a partigyle and the small beer will be a Belgian blonde.

It's a beautiful sunny day. It's almost like I didn't have a choice to brew or not. Had to get outside and make something.

Brewed a Founders KBS clone earlier today. I'll be taking a couple days off from work to extend the weekend. I'll be brewing a DIPA and a Blonde Ale.

Brewed 2 weekends a row for the first time. Last weekend was an original recipe Amarillo/Citra IPA. This weekend an original recipe Glacier/Centennial APA.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Just started in on my first Morris Otter/Summit SMaSH. I'm super excited to see how it turns out. I have never used summit before, and its also my first time using Morris Otter, as I usually go for Golden Promise.

30 minutes into the mash of a pale ale using all local 2-row, some of it home toasted, and some local hops!

hipster-organic-local-free-trade-i'm-a-loser beer coming up

10308151_10203175135051886_3003894508099038345_n.jpg

This Russian Imperial Stout hit the target gravity of 1.085. I'm really looking forward to six months from now when I can open the tap on this beauty.

Racked a strawberry blonde onto strawberries and brewed up a replacement batch of it and pitched onto the yeast cake/slurry. Not bubbling yet, but sure I overpitched.

I did and I messed up a bit. My second full boil and I started with too much water and ended up with 6 gal instead of 5.25 and a og that was .008 off... oh well I guess it will have a little less abv then the kit. Any ideas for the foam blowing out the air lock?

My planned weekend brew session got pushed back a few days, but I have tomorrow off, so doing a BIAB Russian imperial stout, and will try to get a small bonus beer from the second runnings. My first crack at a parti-gyle, so hoping I can pull it off.

Like dis? Just stuck a starsaned tube into the airlock and put the other end in starsan in a jar... ooo noisy

That's perfect. Leave that in til primary fermentation stops. You can switch back to an airlock if you want or just leave in the tube. Personally I feel the airlock is more manageable

That's perfect. Leave that in til primary fermentation stops. You can switch back to an airlock if you want or just leave in the tube. Personally I feel the airlock is more manageable

Yeah moving it around now reminds me of the old guy walking down the hospital hallway pushing his own IV bag around... easier to move with airlock for sure... thatnks for the advice.

Yeah moving it around now reminds me of the old guy walking down the hospital hallway pushing his own IV bag around... easier to move with airlock for sure... thatnks for the advice.

Hope your brew turns out awesome. Btw, I want your skulls. I need your skulls

Hope your brew turns out awesome. Btw, I want your skulls. I need your skulls

I hope the beer turns out well too... made some noob mistakes I hope I was able to fix because I don' want to be here in your London Dungeon.

Mistake 1 too much water. A gallon too much, .008 off og
Mistake 2 forgot the seeds of paradise the last 15 min of boil, as I had my wort chiller in I brought a cup of water to boil and added seed for 15 minutes then added the "tea" to the wort after chilling it before pitching yeast.

I hope the beer turns out well too... made some noob mistakes I hope I was able to fix because I don' want to be here in your London Dungeon.

Mistake 1 too much water. A gallon too much, .008 off og
Mistake 2 forgot the seeds of paradise the last 15 min of boil, as I had my wort chiller in I brought a cup of water to boil and added seed for 15 minutes then added the "tea" to the wort after chilling it before pitching yeast.

Unholy living dead! But yes, you'll get your volume marks zero'd in with a little practice. Did you boil the seeds too with the water?

Unholy living dead! But yes, you'll get your volume marks zero'd in with a little practice. Did you boil the seeds too with the water?

The directions said " you got to lock em up " the last 15 minutes of the wort boil which is what I forgot. So I boiled a cup of water and added the seeds for 15 minutes., cooled and added the seed "tea" to the fermenter before pitching yeast and putting it in my pretty cell.

I bet you were screaming "die die die my wort-ling!". But id imagine the tea you made will be pretty close. You'll have tasty brew in no time

Just RDWHAHB.... TIL YOU'RE BLEEDIN!!!!

Yeah I am doing that I was paniced at first when I was at 6 gal and .008 of og but just figured it wil have a bit lower ABV ... oh well just drink. When I want some beer Ill tear your bottle ....I want some beeeeer

Die die die my wortling for the win sir

Back