Funny things you've overheard about beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well you see, because the genetic modifications were done in a lab using modern science, it is bad.
The genetic modifications that were done through centuries of selective breeding and random mutation, when we had no idea how any of this stuff worked, are not bad, because natural organic free range global warming paleo.

Does that explain it clearly?

Why is there still no like option on the app? This is proof we need it. "Like"

It is sorta scary to think of what GMO's would produce in beer or liquor, under certain conditions. To me anyway. Idk as I'd wanna find out. Since they can mutate " normal" crops next to them...who's to say what they'll eventually wind up doing to us? To get even weirder still, some of those UFO stories claim the " aliens" are from some 1,000 years in our future, gathering genetic materials to " save" their Earth. If there's any truth to it, maybe it's a sign that GMO's are NOT the way to go? In light of their mutative qualities...:confused:

This is actually the most thoughtful and articulate anti-GMO response I've ever heard. Well done! :drunk:

It is sorta scary to think of what GMO's would produce in beer or liquor, under certain conditions. To me anyway. Idk as I'd wanna find out. Since they can mutate " normal" crops next to them...who's to say what they'll eventually wind up doing to us? To get even weirder still, some of those UFO stories claim the " aliens" are from some 1,000 years in our future, gathering genetic materials to " save" their Earth. If there's any truth to it, maybe it's a sign that GMO's are NOT the way to go? In light of their mutative qualities...:confused:

I understand it all now...those stupid aliens are gonna round up all those GMO crops, then 1,000 years from now Monsanto can sue the snot out of them for back royalties--with interest!

Brilliant! :cross:

This is actually the most thoughtful and articulate anti-GMO response I've ever heard. Well done! :drunk:

Just gonna leave this here....https://youtu.be/1ecT2CaL7NA

I am still against coporations like Monsanto abusing the potential, but the basic idea is great....until capitalism fully strikes. (This is just about the evil empire, not to attack the system and get into a great debate...please.)

The Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is an alcoholic beverage invented by ex-President of the Universe Zaphod Beeblebrox, considered by the Guide to be the "Best Drink in Existence". Its effects are similar to "having your brains smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick".

The Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster is an alcoholic beverage invented by ex-President of the Universe Zaphod Beeblebrox, considered by the Guide to be the "Best Drink in Existence". Its effects are similar to "having your brains smashed in by a slice of lemon wrapped round a large gold brick".

ISO. FT: all of the beer.

False. Everyone knows the best drink ever is a spiced ale.

This one was news to me, and certainly made me laugh out loud!

I just had one. Well,I had one drink then poured it out. It's nasty.

I kinda want to try it. Kinda.

No. No, you don't.

I haven't heard great things so far, but I like nitro beers enough that I'll probably pick some up when I see it.

I just haven't seen it yet.

Bad idea. It's terrible.

Edit: The pic didn't show. Regarding Guinness Nitro IPA. Gross.

Last edited:
I just had one. Well,I had one drink then poured it out. It's nasty.

No. No, you don't.

Bad idea. It's terrible.

Edit: The pic didn't show. Regarding Guinness Nitro IPA. Gross.

It's really not THAT bad. I won't be buying it again, though.

While out on a walk, I was walking in front of these two ladies. One of them was telling the other about her weekend and she was talking about taking shots, in her words, "something called a hefeweizen."

I mean I understand playing power hour/century club or even having flights of beer, but she was talking about getting blasted off just shots of hefeweizen.

Yeah, a whole crap ton of'em. We used to do that back in the 70's when all we could afford was 1 joint & a quart of beer. Got drunk faster that way, or so it seemed.:mug:

Slightly similar. In college, with my room mate, often could only afford a pint of Mad Dog and a quart glass apiece for a night out. We weren't much different than anyone else.

The other night I ordered an Old Rasputin. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. When the bartender brought it, I slammed half of it and filled the rest with ice and Clamato. Everyone was all like, "What are you doing?!?" I was like, "How do y'all drink your Eepahs?" It's like these people have no class.

While out on a walk, I was walking in front of these two ladies. One of them was telling the other about her weekend and she was talking about taking shots, in her words, "something called a hefeweizen."

I mean I understand playing power hour/century club or even having flights of beer, but she was talking about getting blasted off just shots of hefeweizen.

There used to be a thing in college where you'd do 1 shot of beer per minute for an hour. It gets you pretty messed up.

There used to be a thing in college where you'd do 1 shot of beer per minute for an hour. It gets you pretty messed up.

Assuming BMC and a 2 oz shot glass, I could see you getting a good buzz going.

Assuming BMC and a 2 oz shot glass, I could see you getting a good buzz going.

I assumed 1.5 oz, but yeah - 1.5x60=90oz / 12 = 7.5 cans of beer in an hour, I suspect pretty messed up is a good description.

Every time someone brings up drinking games, I remember the time I went head to head with a dude at 40 Oz. to freedom, and he passed out after he finished one, so I finished both of mine, cut his second off his hand and downed it, then tried to jump over a six foot high bonfire.

Bad night.

Every time someone brings up drinking games, I remember the time I went head to head with a dude at 40 Oz. to freedom, and he passed out after he finished one, so I finished both of mine, cut his second off his hand and downed it, then tried to jump over a six foot high bonfire.

Bad night.

That's called Edward 40-hands 'round here

Back in university, I wasn't really a beer drinker. My tastes were sweeter (Rum & Coke). Still, a few of us wanted to try a "Century Club" night, and the only drink we could all agree on was Strawberry Daiquiri Bacardi Breezers.

I made it to about 45 before I passed out. The next day was the worst hangover of my life.

Back in university, I wasn't really a beer drinker. My tastes were sweeter (Rum & Coke). Still, a few of us wanted to try a "Century Club" night, and the only drink we could all agree on was Strawberry Daiquiri Bacardi Breezers.

I made it to about 45 before I passed out. The next day was the worst hangover of my life.

Strawberry Daiquiri Bacardi Breezers? :smack:

That's a good way to get your man card revoked. :D

The other night I ordered an Old Rasputin. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy. When the bartender brought it, I slammed half of it and filled the rest with ice and Clamato. Everyone was all like, "What are you doing?!?" I was like, "How do y'all drink your Eepahs?" It's like these people have no class.

I LOL'd so hard people are still asking me if I am OK.

:mug:

He totally deserved the hangover he got.

There's something to be said for lasting that long drinking something so sweet. I made it through a gallon of some cheap red wine that my parents gave me to "dispose of" in a night of beer pong. There's no shame. I didn't have a penny to my name so free was all I could afford. My frat brother and I put up our 500th win that night. The following hangover was more like a coma.

Back in my heavy drinking days I was rush chair and decided to do a beer bong for every pledge. That year we had our largest class in recent history and I did 22 sixteen ounce bongs. Surprisingly I not only didn't visit the hospital but was even functional the next day. :drunk:

Latest posts

Back