What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been meaning to make some Hobgoblin......got to try it. I'm still at work for 4 more hrs and then I'll break out some Sierra Nevada Torpedos. ....and try to figure out how to get the tree off my house that deposited itself there after last nights nasty storm. Yeahhhhh! :ban:
I should probably use the chainsaw before the torpedos..

I have a few Grassroots Ale from Great Lakes Brewing Co and Some Stone Levitation. Both are good, but I am running low.

I only have 45 home brews left with no brew date in sight for at least 2 weeks...

another pint of jamils mild. finally tastes like the carb is spot on.

got bottles of dfh 60m ipa, golden valley french prarie blonde, and green flash le freak today, probably gonna dip in soon

Shiner Commemorator. I don't even like doppelbock, but this one is not bad.
97585.jpg

having a 3 week old bavarian hefeweizen. my CO2 tank just ran dry. again. i have a corny keg that is messed up. i changed the main seal and it helped, but apparently it still leaks a little. dammit. i guess i'll drink some wine.

A well crafted Imperial IPA. Nice full-bodied flavour, great lace, and nice hop addition. Better than Dogfish 120 min if I say so myself! I still wonder how I get to 11% ABV with this beer.... Oh yeah, I remember, it's the White Labs California Yeast!!! Don't need a starter or an oxygen stone! This yeast rocks! :rockin:

Green Flash LE FREAK - this beer is freakilicious. I want to make this!! I usually don't like trippels or strong IPAs but I don't know how you could say no to this mouth puckering delight.

For those who haven't had it, it is a combination "san diego imperial pale" and a belgian trippel.

Le Freak: A new wonder from Green Flash Brewing - Bottoms Up - Beer and wine in the Bay Area and beyond.

He explains that the beer is fermented with two yeasts, the Green Flash house yeast and a Belgian yeast. He starts with regular Green Flash Imperial IPA mash. (This is a big beer, 9 percent ABV. But it has such striking balance that it drinks like a session beer.)

The mash is a blend of two row pale barley, a little bit of Carastan, a British crystal malt that provides a full mouth feel and color and crystal malt. Hops are all American, Summit and Nugget. It’s dry hopped during fermentation with Amarillo. The hop blend gives it a delicious, orange marmalade note.

He starts fermentation with a White Labs Belgian-style yeast, then on the second day, adds their regular American ale yeast, the same White Labs yeast used in the regular triple. As he says, it’s definitely Le Freak. Oh yes, it’s bottle conditioned with fresh yeast. And it’s 9.2 percent.

English brown

2# amber DME
3.3 AMber LME
8 oz crystal 60L
1 oz Willamette<-60min
1 oz Cascade<-60min
1 oz Cascade<-30 min
.5 oz Willamette<-2min

7,14,21 = today

I have been drinking all day, Yeungling Lager cans on a ATV ride, got home and was still thirsty.... .convenient this was at peak. Fruity and... just better. I don't know it just is. Beer I make is better than beer I buy.

Lagunitas 2009 correction. They say right on the bottle "this isn't a double ipa this is a normal beer" but its 6.3% and tastes like a pound of hops. Good, but damn can't they make a beer that isn't dialed to 11?

now i'm having some highland park 12 year scotch. gnight.

longboard island lager from kona brewing co.

not bad. better than I expected. beats Corona Mexican pee, actually has a nice flavor, slightly sweet, a little hop bite, not complex.... but a good summer brew. thirst quencher.

It's summer in the south. planted the garden. tasted good

My last ( :( ) Sierra Nevada 2008 Celebration Ale,
Founder's Double Trouble IPA
[Edit: And Bell's Pale Ale. Didn't know I had one o' those left.]

yellow snow is tasty.
So is Kell's.

Tonight I am going to float the Keg of Saison then post randomly on the internet. :rockin:

yellow snow is tasty.
So is Kell's.

Tonight I am going to float the Keg of Saison then post randomly on the internet. :rockin:

Oh you mean you didn't share any of your saison with me?

I've just gotten into the style and have a fridge full of saison dupont right now...

As to the Rogues, both are (like most of their beers) freakin fantastic...

But the yellow snow leaves an amazing lacing on my glass..I have never had som many complex bands on a glass before....

methinks gypsies could read our fortunes (or liver enzyme count) by them.

:mug:

Oh you mean you didn't share any of your saison with me?

I've just gotten into the style and have a fridge full of saison dupont right now...

As to the Rogues, both are (like most of their beers) freakin fantastic...

But the yellow snow leaves an amazing lacing on my glass..I have never had som many complex bands on a glass before....

methinks gypsies could read our fortunes (or liver enzyme count) by them.

:mug:

dude that dupont is expensive! one of these must be true:

1. Very small fridge
2. Very large budget
3. A beer delivery truck crashed?

Anyways, RE: yellow snow. Rogue had a beer called "Yellow Snow Pale" which I thought they renamed that "juniper pale ale", and now they have "YEllow snow IPA" yes its bloody confusing! but what I want to know is which are you drinking the pale or the ipa? I love the juniperpale/yellowsnowpale but haven't had the IPA yet!

Also, I am drinking Green Flash IPA and it is very good but I like Bee Cave IPA better!!!

Back