Bad beer at a restraunt, and the manager acted like an ass

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silver02ws6

Reaction score
So my buddy just got back from overseas (millitary) and we decide to head over to hooters since he hasnt had any decent greasy american food in the past year.
I ordered a Sam Adams, it tasted fine. After that was finished off i decided to order up a Guinness, hadnt had one in a while. The beer comes has a nice amount off head on it looks fine, but taste like a watered down pale ale. When the waitress came back over i informed her it didnt taste right and the best way i could explain it to her was by saying it was flat, it had a flat taste to it but probably still had some carbonation.

Then the manager comes over ask if i thought the beer was flat, I informed him yes it was going flat, and that it did not taste as a stout should taste. He said and I quote " If it was flat would it still have bubbles in it"

I kept my cool but looking back i should have told him to stick the beer where the sun doesnt shine.

Sorry for the long post just had to vent.

Austin

Sam Adams and Guinness market thier high standards from brewing to serving. You might take it up with them. At the very least you'll get a coupon.

silver02ws6 said:
I decided to order up a Guinness, hadnt had one in a while. The beer comes has a nice amount off head on it looks fine, but taste like a watered down pale ale.

I had the same experience (with the watery tasting Guinness) about a year ago at a sports bar/grill place. They didn't really give me any crap about sending it back, but the server insisted on going over to the tap to pull himself a sample and see if I was telling the truth.

I was.

I got bad service on Tuesday night at a hotel. Order scallops and chips. The waitress brought scallops and veg. She basically told me that I had not ordered the chips and I ordered the veg. I don't eat veg, part of my anti-fiitness campanign. Mother in law was there so I was on behaviour.
What happened to the customer always being right? Will never go back there. Things can happen ;-) ...never get between a scots and his fried food, not a good thing to do.

olllllo said:
Sam Adams and Guinness market thier high standards from brewing to serving. You might take it up with them. At the very least you'll get a coupon.

Im really not that worried about it to be honest, it just made me real mad the guy got smart with me. It didnt even hit me until he walked away from the table what he had done and then i just didnt care enough to take it any further.

I dont care to spend 4 bucks on a beer just dont bring me watered down crap.

I am not a big Guiness fan, but I don't think I have ever had one on draught that didn't taste like watered down crap. I always figured it was the nitrogen.

I'm just saying they (Guinness) have a whole quality program aimed at pouring. It would be funny if they had to send in some crotchedy old Bergiss Merideth typr to cuss him out.

Rocky81.Jpeg

It's CRAP!!!

olllllo said:
I'm just saying they (Guinness) have a whole quality program aimed at pouring. It would be funny if they had to send in some crotchedy old Bergiss Merideth typr to cuss him out.
4137-ads_lbb_grab2.jpg

Brilliant!

Back