Did I wire my terminal blocks correctly

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BWN

Reaction score
I am using these terminal blocks:
http://www.homedepot.com/Electrical...angId=-1&keyword=terminal+block&storeId=10051

I thought they are like a big wire nut meaning everything is connected together. After looking at some other builds I am starting to wonder if that is not the case and that they only connect from the screws that are across from each other. I am not sure if what I wired to it is one circuit or if it has the capability of 4 separate circuits.

They only connect to the screw across from it. You would need to buy a jumper terminal strip or what I did was jump the line from the original screw with other small wires to distribute the power to the other screws that required the power. Understand what I'm trying to explain? Plus if you get jumper strips make sure they are for the correct amp that your terminal blocks are or else they won't fit

Thanks, I think I will just jumper the ones I need to.

They did not have any like I bought at West Marine? I have been slowly working on my wiring, might get it done one of these days? How much progress have you made? Check my latest post on my build thread, meant to call you last Thursday but got busy...how did you last batch turn out? Tapped our Black Berry Wheat yesterday it was great! Talk to you soon.

I got these because they were cheaper and I already had my main power distribution block in place. I was using these to distribute the power even further. I got everything jumpered where it needed to be and tested everything with a meter for continuity and it is all good. I'll try and get a picture of the box up in my build thread.

Back