• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Complete Home Brew System for Beginner or Intermediate Brewer (Seattle, WA)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

antidentite

Reaction score
I'm selling my home brew system which I've only used twice. I purchased most of these items just last year, and my newborn is forcing this sale.

I'm asking $275.

Here's the list of items that are included and the price I paid for them new in 2011:
* Super Deluxe Beer Making Equipment Kit from Austin Homebrew (includes many essential items not listed below such as hygrometer, thermometer, grain bag, etc... as well as a glass carboy upgrade) - $240.49
* Stainless Steel Premium Stock Pot (38 qt), which is great for preventing boil overs even on full boils - $110.99
* Wort Chiller - $59.99
* Racking cane, which is shortened due to a crack but still operational
* 45 Bottle Drainer Tree - $46.98
* Bayou Classic Burner (Outdoor Stove) - $45.99
* The Brew Hauler (x2) - $29.98
* Jet Carboy & Bottle Washer - $15.98
* Beer Bottles 22 oz (case of 12, although I'll throw in more 12, 16, & 22 ouncers) - $14.99
* Stock Pot Thermometer - $9.99
* Carboy Dryer - $7.99
* Star San Sanitizer (about 6 ounces remaining of 8) - $7.99
* Blow Off Hose = 4 ft (1" Thick Wall) - $5.96 [this has some haze on it from my cleaning solution]
* Beer Bottle Caps (Oxygen Barrier) - $4.98
* Irish Moss (4 ounces) - $3.99
* 3-piece Airlock (x2) $1.19
* Starter (3 oz Light DME) - $0.99
* Vinator Bottle Rinser
* Super Agata Bench Capper
* Wine/beer thief

http://seattle.craigslist.org/est/for/2813384291.html

Sorry to here your getting out of it. I found it easier to brew when the little bugger was immobile and slept 20 hrs a day. Good luck.

Yeah, he's an insistent little guy already! Congrats on your upcoming/impending new child!

It's basically the time commitment required for brewing is tough with a child, especially since I have other hobbies that I prioritize higher than brewing. You'll also find that you need so much stuff with a newborn that space also becomes a premium!

I know It might be a stretch but im new to this whole home brewing thing and I could use that whole set. Would you be willing to ship it all? To New York non the less? I understand that it would be costly to myself but I would be willing to pay if the price was right. Let me know thanks

Hi TaylorB - are you sure you're willing to pay for shipping to NY? This is not only a large amount of items, but also heavy and fragile (at least the carboys are).

I would think that shipping may cost ~$100, which would decrease the overall value of this purchase for you versus a local buyer.

If I don't have a buyer lined up in a week I'd certainly consider shipping it to you. But I would also recommend that you check out some of the sponsors here - such as austinhomebrew.com - that includes free shipping for orders over a certain $ amount.

After playing around with pricing on UPS I have realized it would cost more like $200 dollars lol so I think I will have to pass on the package deal. If for some reason you decide you would piece it out I would like to hear your asking price for the bottle tree, bottle rinser, and the bench capper all as a combo deal. This would still allow you to sell the rest of the equipment localy at a good price if not the same price and I could still get a few things I would be able to use at alot cheaper shipping price lol. Just a option for ya. If your interested just send me a private message and if not well best of luck selling it, you will have one luck buyer. PS congrats on having a little one on the way. I have a 3 month old of my own.

After playing around with pricing on UPS I have realized it would cost more like $200 dollars lol so I think I will have to pass on the package deal. If for some reason you decide you would piece it out I would like to hear your asking price for the bottle tree, bottle rinser, and the bench capper all as a combo deal. This would still allow you to sell the rest of the equipment localy at a good price if not the same price and I could still get a few things I would be able to use at alot cheaper shipping price lol. Just a option for ya. If your interested just send me a private message and if not well best of luck selling it, you will have one luck buyer. PS congrats on having a little one on the way. I have a 3 month old of my own.

What about not shipping the carboys and maybe the burner? Those are two things you can get on Amazon with free shipping.

Hey a bud,

I am just south of you (PDX) and might be interested in picking this up. Have you had any takers?

Back