Question directed to any Baton Rouge or Louisiana Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nexus555

Reaction score
Hey guys, what's up? Well I live in Livingston Parish, and I recently ordered a kit from midwest supplies and Tuesday I ordered some ingriedents for my first batch. Well the website said 3 day delivery, so naturally I thought Friday I would get my ingriedents. Well midwest sent me an email saying it takes them 2 days to get it to Fed Ex, so I'm probably not getting it until Monday or Tuesday. I also wanted to ordered extra dry yeast, but it would have cost $5 shipping for a $1 product.

It's kind of a bummer, because a friend of mine and I was wanting to brew this Saturday during the day while we're both off. I'm going to have to wait until next week now. But if I could find a local brew store, I'd probably by new ingreidents just so I don't have to wait, again. I could use the ones from midwest for next weekend:)

Anyways to the point of my post. I really want to find a local brew supply store. I thought there was one by the LSU campus, well I called their phone number and I think they may have since closed down.

Do any of you Louisiana brewers know of a home brew supply store around here? Between Hammond and Baton Rouge would be great - but if there's not any between there, anything will do.

I just don't want to wait a week every time I want to brew a batch, and pay $10.00 shipping. Also, the situation I'm in now, it'd be nice to have a place to go run and buy a packet of yeast in case of problems, instead of paying $5.00 shipping and waiting another week, which could be problematic. If you guys know of ANY place around here, I'd much appreciate it!

Thanks

My sister goes to school there, and Im pretty sure that she said there was a homebrew club, but not a homebrew store.

- magno

Yeah, I found the Homebrew club's website. I would probably join them too, but I'm a little too new right now. I want to gain some personal knowledge before I face my peers, hehe. I wish they had a brew shop around here!

It's ok now! I had no clue that Fed Ex delivers on Saturday. I didn't look closely enough to the shipping date, and it's expected to be here on the 10th! SWEET! Me and my friend are going to be outside drinking beer and brewing beer, how fun will that be!!

I have been unable to find any shops since I've been down here. I find it easier to order multiple batches at a time online in order to defer the cost to some degree. I heard there was a shop on Magazine Street in N.O., but haven't been there.

If you're ever in dire straits, you could always drive over to Waveland. I harvest my yeast from each batch and separate it in to about 4 jars per batch, so I tend to keep a pretty good stash of yeast on hand and would be happy to help out in a pinch!

Welcome to the board and to brewing.

:mug:

Back