Fallen Flag Brewing-BAR BUILD

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MMTG

Reaction score
My brothers and I spent the end of last week framing out our new Brewshops' bar. It measures 10'x4'x3' and will have two(2) 8' shelves,and a 2'x4'x18" built in humidor and dual wine rack. It'll also have a bar covered in bottle caps/epoxy.

We're looking forward to adding the bar top and back counter tops when it STOPS raining here in So Cal:drunk: The Bar will have 18 taps!!!!! 8 in our keezer,8 in the big kegerator and 2 in the smaller kegerator

Here's a few pics/comments on the progress we made. Will be adding more as we progress.

Salud!

Fallen Flag Brew crew

bar2.jpg

bar3.jpg

Initial frame 10'x4'

bar4.jpg

framing the 2 shelves

bar9.jpg

bar7.jpg

bar11.jpg

Adding the OSB shelves

bar12.jpg

Humidor will be built in this Area 4'x2'18" top will have shelves for single sticks and bottom will hold full boxes.

bar13.jpg

60 tap handles as a back bar

Out of curiosity, could you tell me how many cubic feet your keezer is? I see that it has many taps on it, and was wondering if you actually had room for 8 kegs in it.

Back on topic, the bar you're building looks to be absolutely fantastic. What are you planning to do with the wine racks? Are they going to be enclosed in anything for cooling, etc? Are you planning on plumbing it? Inquiring minds (well, at least one!) want to know!

What'd you use to mount the tap handles to the wall? It looks like some kind of simple bracket, but I can't tell from the pictures...

NICE build, man! I'm getting ideas. Ideas, and jealous feelings...

Man... thats a lot of tap handle action! Buying handles like that on ebay they're still a good $20-40 each. Nice collection! ... and the bar is going to be great too! hehe

Out of curiosity, could you tell me how many cubic feet your keezer is? I see that it has many taps on it, and was wondering if you actually had room for 8 kegs in it.

Back on topic, the bar you're building looks to be absolutely fantastic. What are you planning to do with the wine racks? Are they going to be enclosed in anything for cooling, etc? Are you planning on plumbing it? Inquiring minds (well, at least one!) want to know!

My Keezer(on the right) is 15 cf and Yes it has room for 8(5 gal)sankeys. The Kegerator on the left(my brothers) has 2 draft towers with 4 taps each. It will hold our 1/2 barrel collection.

The wine racks will NOT be cooled(We drink red wine)I will use 1"x1"s to hold the wine bottles in place. I'm not gonna have any plumbing(wet bar)

Thanks for the kudos!

What'd you use to mount the tap handles to the wall? It looks like some kind of simple bracket, but I can't tell from the pictures...

NICE build, man! I'm getting ideas. Ideas, and jealous feelings...

Thank you for the compliments!

My brother and I cut aluminum angle into 1.5" pieces. The tap handles are held in place by 3/8 bolts and lock washers. The brackets are drilled with 2 holes for drywall screws.

Man... thats a lot of tap handle action! Buying handles like that on ebay they're still a good $20-40 each. Nice collection! ... and the bar is going to be great too! hehe

Thanks so much! The taps weren't that expensive. I got some really good deals. I bought several lots of tap handles and sold many duplicates or BMC taps.

Awesome bar! Can't wait to see how this turns out. Love the tap handles on the wall, too. Makes for simple storage and a decorative look!

My Keezer(on the right) is 15 cf and Yes it has room for 8(5 gal)sankeys. The Kegerator on the left(my brothers) has 2 draft towers with 4 taps each. It will hold our 1/2 barrel collection.

The wine racks will NOT be cooled(We drink red wine)I will use 1"x1"s to hold the wine bottles in place. I'm not gonna have any plumbing(wet bar)

Thanks for the kudos!

Sweet jibblin jeebus! That's one massive keezer. How much did that beast run you and did you buy it new or was it on Craigslist or something? Because while I'm not planning on having 8 beers/apfelwein/mead on tap at once, it'd be really nice to have some back up kegs carbonating and chilling simultaneously. I'm thinking 5 taps myself, with room for 3 back-ups. Thanks in advance! And that wine rack sounds like an awesome idea. Is each shelf going to be multi-layer or are you only going to have one layer of bottles per shelf?

Sweet jibblin jeebus! That's one massive keezer. How much did that beast run you and did you buy it new or was it on Craigslist or something? Because while I'm not planning on having 8 beers/apfelwein/mead on tap at once, it'd be really nice to have some back up kegs carbonating and chilling simultaneously. I'm thinking 5 taps myself, with room for 3 back-ups. Thanks in advance! And that wine rack sounds like an awesome idea. Is each shelf going to be multi-layer or are you only going to have one layer of bottles per shelf?

I found the commercial freezer on craigslist for $100! It's 4 years old, but runs like a champ. I did my research and found what I wanted. I really wanted a 18-20 cf freezer, but couldn't find one.

It has been RAINING since sunday here in So Cal and I'm over it! I can't cut the wood sheets for the bar top/counter top or finish skinning the frame. So frustrated!!! I'm gonna have to have a couple pints of SN Harvest Ale just to calm me down

It has been RAINING since sunday here in So Cal and I'm over it! I can't cut the wood sheets for the bar top/counter top or finish skinning the frame. So frustrated!!! I'm gonna have to have a couple pints of SN Harvest Ale just to calm me down
Hey, I thought it never rained in Southern California! Your build looks like its going to be Awesome! I thought your Keezer was great also. I started my keezer this week, I will post pics of the build in a few days.

Good work so far. I am really looking forward to see what this will be like when completed. It looks quite good already.

Hey, I thought it never rained in Southern California! Your build looks like its going to be Awesome! I thought your Keezer was great also. I started my keezer this week, I will post pics of the build in a few days.

You're telling me! I haven't seen the sun in almost 4 days! it's far more irritating than anything. I know how spoiled I am living in So Cal(that's why I choose to live here) I'm complaining because it feels like I'm in Seattle. damn grey skies are getting to me.

I can't wait to see your keezer! Put up some pics already

If you're really motivated, you could hand-cut your wood inside and then use a good vacuum for the cleanup. The mess won't be as bad as with a power saw. :) I'm not saying I would want to do that but it beats balancing your beer on the skeleton of a bar. ;)

If you're really motivated, you could hand-cut your wood inside and then use a good vacuum for the cleanup. The mess won't be as bad as with a power saw. :) I'm not saying I would want to do that but it beats balancing your beer on the skeleton of a bar. ;)

I hear that! No thanks on hand cutting wood though. I did find some time today to "Skin" the frame with the Birch plywood sheets. Will work on the bartop/backbar this sunday. Gotta try and have the bar in working order before the superbowl-its gonna be tough though.

Here's some pictures of the bar after we "skinned" it...still need to stain her Ebony and add the "frame" trim to be stained in Cabernet...next week.
010.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

13 one gallon jugs I just scored on Ebay for $1.99 ea! Coming soon Fallen Flag Growlers.
012.jpg

looks great man! you got plenty of options for tap handles, those are a nice touch.

Thanks! I really do have an affinity for tap handles,haha. Looking to start add a 4th row of tap handles next week as I've bought another dozen tap handles this week!

first coat of "Ebony stain" going on this afternoon...will put up pics of the progress I make. I'm trying to work on 3 different projects at once right now,ugh!

correction: The stain used is "Espresso" not ebony...more of a very dark brown than black. Will add pics when I get off duty in the morning.

were the growlers a 1 time auction or something a guy sells all the time??

The growlers were a one time deal. i bought all 13 the seller had.

Here's some pics of the first coat of " Espresso" stain...(Sorry for the crappy pics(it really needs to dry longer) will be adding a 4"x1" border of Pine stained "cabernet" with 2"x1" pine vertical pieces every 2' to cover the few seams I have...
001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

I'd love to see some progress as well! I'm looking at building a bar and its really helpful to see these pictures from start to finish.

Although I wouldnt blame you if you were passed out right next to the keezer! I don't think I am going to be able to have any brew in the house while I'm building my bar, let alone right behind me!

Thanks for all the encouragement to post an update. I'm sorry to say that not much progress has been made since the week before the superbowl...I've had to put the bar build on hold as 2 other projects have taken up the majority of my time...

Our single tier brew rig has gone from version 1.0 to it's nearly completed version 3.0 in the last month alone! We've focused most of our energy and time on upgrading our brew rigs gas hard line,structure support and will have added a 2nd march pump to the plumbing...whew! Also we've been brewing 10 gal batches every week for the past month to get our keezers filled.

My main focus has been my first love. I'm the 2nd owner of a 1966 Mustang GT(i've owned her since 1998)and during the past few month have spent alot of time prepping the body for paint and working on the 5.0 stroker I've been building for her. Lots of work to say the least! She'll be back from the paint shop on 3/14 monday and I can't wait todrop the new motor in her. I'll start a thread on that eventually,haha.

First your Keezer and now this.... I am getting great/horrible time consuming ideas about what I want to build. Thumbs up again to your builds. Oh and I have a 91 gt conv that I am currently collecting parts for a massive restoration so I can appreciate the mustang love.

OK lets try to revive this thread.
Is the bar finished??? Pictures? I believe a lot of people want to see the finish product.

Back