Metallic finish?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madegret

Reaction score
First of all let me say . . . . "WHOOOOHOOOOO!!!":ban:

I drank my first, second, and third brew yesterday. Its a North Rim Wheat. First two were outstanding. The third, that I drank late last night after putting the kids to bed, had a funny metallic finish and was uncomfortably dry. I had a fourth today and it was better (like the first two).

They've only been in the bottle for a bit over a week BUT what do you think produced that one with the dry, metallic finish?

Was the off bottle possibly over carbonated? I had a batch of chocolate stout that had issues with inconsistant carbonation. I noticed the bottles that were too carbed all had a metallic aftertaste. I'm not sure if what was causing the taste was also causing the carbonation or the other way around, but that could be your problem too.

Terje

Edit: You'll hear it again I'm sure, but leave that beer in the bottle for 3 weeks before drinking. Your beer and your taste buds will thank you. :D

Was the off bottle possibly over carbonated? I had a batch of chocolate stout that had issues with inconsistant carbonation. I noticed the bottles that were too carbed all had a metallic aftertaste. I'm not sure if what was causing the taste was also causing the carbonation or the other way around, but that could be your problem too.

Terje

Edit: You'll hear it again I'm sure, but leave that beer in the bottle for 3 weeks before drinking. Your beer and your taste buds will thank you. :D

Yes, it was overcarbonated actually - was almost like drinking pop.

They will definately be in the bottle longer - just had to drink those first couple of beers. I'm ferming a porter right now that will be "hidden" for a good, long time.

Back