Bottle Washer Woes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Talloak

Reaction score
As it turns out, not one of the three sinks in my house has the threading necessary to put a Jet Washer on the sink. Hopefully I can return it.

you mean they didn't sell you the adapter with it? It is a standard in house threading to garden hose adapter...you can even get it at a hardware store...

It looks like this...but like I said it is a standard adapter found in any hardware store in the plumbing section...you unscrew the diffuser screen then screw the adapter on then the washer.

jet_washer_adaptor.jpg

I also got at the hardware store a half circle mesh diffuser screen the fits inside the adapter that way I just leave the adapter on all the time and it gives the water the same amount of spray flow as if the original one was on it.

+1 to what Revvy said. However, I know that two of the four sinks in my house do not have diffuser screens that come off including the one in the kitchen which is one of the fancy one where the whole faucet comes out and can be a sprayer. Also one of the bathrooms has a fancy goose neck faucet that does not remove as well, so it is entirely possible that even the adapter wont work for you.

I have the adapter. I purchased it assuming I would need it ($2.50). The Jet washer was like $12.50. I will try again by taking the screens off the inside of the faucet. I have done this before, to use for things....

I am fairly certain that the smaller end of the adapter is too large to fit inside the faucet.

Then take the diffuser screen from the sink you are using, your jet bottle washer and your adapter to the plumbing section of a hardware store and they will more than likely have the right adapter for you, although I'm pretty sure I was told at the hardware store when I was getting mine was that all US sinks had the same size threads on their sinks, if the diffusers come off....

I Had a similiar problem at my last apt. The faucet was a weird size so i returned that particular washer and bought the dual one that sits down in the sink and just fashioned a hose that slipped over the end of the faucet and quick clamped. Dunno if that helps.

I also have one of those faucets where the whole thing doubles as a sprayer. Sucks, but oh well.

I have a regular faucet in my kitchen and bought the special adaptor to attach the jet fitting to it once I remove the screen fitting. I ran into the second hurdle in the special adaptor doesn't fit either. I was explaining to my friend my situation and told me LOWS/Home Depot have many different sized adapters. So I am planning on heading that way today to see what I find.

I'll keep yall informed on what I find.

FYI: I just picked up a hose adapter at the local hardware store. It has two sets of threads: the standard garden hose threads, and then it steps down to some smaller threads. I'm not sure what the smaller threads are intended to fit, but all they do for me is make it impossible to connect the hose without removing the washer. Maybe it'll work fine with other hoses, I dunno. It doesn't leak too badly without the washer, but I'm going to get a different one.

Back