stuck!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rico6115

Reaction score
My recent batch (choc. raspb. stout) has been stuck at 1.030 even after adding more yeast. The batch started out being 1.058 and went great till the third day which it just stopped. Fermentation temps have been from 62-68. Anyone have any suggestions on how i should handle this. It tastes great and would love to finish it, but i think this could mean bottle bombs if something doesnt drop it any more. This was the AHS promo kit.

did you try gently rocking the fermentation vessel? that helped my Bass Ale clone.

Have you checked the gravity? I currently have my second batch of the same beer in secondary right now (half is for a friend and the other half for me). What's your gravity? And you could easily solve the problem of possible bottle bombs by kegging :mug:.

What yeast are you using, and what temperature are you at right now? Depending on the yeast, 62 may be a bit low. Also, how long has it been since you brewed it? It may appear stopped, but if you give it a little time and check the gravity, you may see that it is slowly going down.

Back