Show us your Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll have to check when I get home, but it's a 5.4 cu ft. It's pretty old, a FrigidAire spinoff I believe.

The main fridge is an old Summit kegerator from about 12 years ago. Fits 3 Corny kegs so I finally converted it and started brewing this past summer.
taphandles.jpg

I'll put a couple more pics up of the entire fridge later.

Just finished this Saturday. It's the Kenmore Elite 4.9 cu ft like the Sanyo 4912. Got it used/like new for $60.

kegerator1.jpg

kegerator2.jpg

kegerator3.jpg

Cincy17 said:
Just finished this Saturday. It's the Kenmore Elite 4.9 cu ft like the Sanyo 4912. Got it used/like new for $60.

Really nice work. I'm guessing the draft tower is 3 or 4 inch PVC? I'm using the same PVC base as yours to attach both ends of my draft tower. I thought they looked familiar. What are those spacers you have on your faucets/shanks? I had 4 inch shanks but they wouldn't fit in my PVC so I cut them down to around 2 inches. Had I though of using spacers like that, I wouldn't have needed to cut the shanks. Good build

Really nice work. I'm guessing the draft tower is 3 or 4 inch PVC? I'm using the same PVC base as yours to attach both ends of my draft tower. I thought they looked familiar. What are those spacers you have on your faucets/shanks? I had 4 inch shanks but they wouldn't fit in my PVC so I cut them down to around 2 inches. Had I though of using spacers like that, I wouldn't have needed to cut the shanks. Good build

I hate to speak for him, but they look like tower shanks:
http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/taps-faucets-pid-4329A-3E.html

Here's mine. Kenmore 4.6 cu ft stainless steel front mini fridge. I'll be able to fit 3 kegs in there, one 5 gallon and two 2.5 gallon. I'll add the 3rd tap to the top of the tower when I get some more cash.

This will go into a bar I'm working on. The bar is going into a closet in the dining room. Should be nice when it's all done and I'll post pics.

IMG_20121018_161947.jpg

IMG_20121018_162004.jpg

Thanks. Yep, it's 3" PVC pipe for the tower. I just wish I could have found a cap for it that went inside the pipe instead of the cap I used.

I hate to speak for him, but they look like tower shanks:
http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/taps-faucets-pid-4329A-3E.html

What he said. They are elbow/tower shanks. Found them pretty cheap from homebrewing.org

I was hoping there was a thread like this on homebrewtalk.com! this is my kegerator I made out of an old fridge from my parents basement ... I have this one for my garage and am now looking for ideas for my next project for my basement bar... Not as nice as a lot of the ones on here but it's the perfect addition to my garage!

image-3590167200.jpg

image-1503265594.jpg

I was hoping there was a thread like this on homebrewtalk.com! this is my kegerator I made out of an old fridge from my parents basement ... I have this one for my garage and am now looking for ideas for my next project for my basement bar... Not as nice as a lot of the ones on here but it's the perfect addition to my garage!

Rockin' the cobra tap inside, eh?

Yeah well I really like the look of the single tap in front for this fridge so I am gonna have a couple cobra taps inside .. I want to make a nice red mahogany keezer with 4-5 taps for my next tho

Canadianbrewer2012 said:
Yeah well I really like the look of the single tap in front for this fridge so I am gonna have a couple cobra taps inside .. I want to make a nice red mahogany keezer with 4-5 taps for my next tho

I'm assuming you keep your most popular on tap in front? I'd imagine there's significant temp increases on a busy night. Then again, the beer wouldn't drop as quickly.

I have that exact same fridge. Do you have a build thread somewhere or a wiring diagram?

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/thermostat-bypass-replacement-346638/

I made that post when i first got the fridge... I was actually planning on making a build thread soon since there seems to be a lack of info on this model.

I used the auberin SYL-2342 (relay output) and simply followed the wiring diagram in the manual for "Cooling and heating with the same controller" (just without the heating).

On the fridge, the brown wire is your lead (attach to 8, with jumper to 9). Blue wire is your negative (attach to 10). Red wire runs back to the compressor (attach to 7).

If you're planning on using the old housing like i did, you will need to dremel away some of the plastic on the inside and the top frame to the width of the PID controler.

Not sure how the pic will come out from my phone, but I got a 50's hotpoint latch handle fridge from my inlaws for free. Tore the guts out of the door (platric panel and fiberglass sheeting) and replaced with a few layers of pink foam board and great stuff around the edges and replaced door gasket with weather stripping. Wish I would've taken before pics, cause it was an ugly critter. Was cream colored originally, but first owner painted it baby poo yellow. Stripped all that off, polished all the chrome as much as possible, repainted with rattle can burgandy everywhere but the door and painted the door with black chalkboard paint so I can write what's on draft above each faucet. I am happy with the result. 3 cornies and 5lb Co2 fit with a few bombers to spare. Pic is immediately after faucet install. SWMBO is awesome and has allowed me to have it in the livingroom. Just have to con someone into making a drip tray for it. Curved door prevents prefab tray being acceptable.

ForumRunner_20121026_223534.jpg

Ed that looks awesome !! Love it. Was leaning towards a keezer but I'm sold on the look of you refrigerator. Well done ! Post more pics, sides and inside setup.

Thanks Nick! I am very happy with it.

The inside is definitely nothing special... function over form on the interior. I keep my hops in the freezer portion.

ForumRunner_20121027_090500.jpg

ForumRunner_20121027_090517.jpg

ForumRunner_20121027_090546.jpg

I also have the same Sanyo as everyone else, and it was my first with 2 kegs and cobra taps. Now its my lager fridge. The best part about the hotpoint is that it has just a slightly larger footprint than the Sanyo. And on the warmest setting it stays at 45f. I love it.

Thanks! I used adjustable shelving to hook into the freezer collar.
So a lot like this, but i cut out the drip try template from the top nicer piece of wood so they wouldn't slide and so they could be easily removed and cleaned.
I also made sure to screw the two pieces of wood together, to prevent sliding.

Wall-mounting-adjustable-shelving-systems.jpg

I have been searching this thread looking for ways to attach my drip tray. I really like this idea. Thanks for sharing

Mark

Pretty much done building the kegerator for the ski condo this year - still waiting on a gas splitter, need to cut down the tap handles, and get some larger bolts for the hinges. At least the real work is done. This build went waaaaay smoother now that I had some idea of what I was doing.

A little bit bummed out that the lid had a bit of a lip to it so I couldn't set the wood back some more flush against it. There's no edge if you're looking down from the top but it's not totally flush if you're looking from the side. Oh well, work with what you got. I also need to check back at Home Depot to see if they have any black foam for the seal between the bottom of the wood and the base - the gray sticks out a bit too much.

282287_673164730740_496195838_n.jpg

326882_676907809580_1985932323_o.jpg

Just in time for the Halloween, my finished keezer build:

keezer_front.jpg

keezer_top.jpg

keezer_inside.jpg

This is the 5 cubic ft Holiday model. The internal collar layer is made of 1x8 boards. It is really tight, but I can actually fit 2 kegs and a 5lb C02 tank in the main part of the freezer and a fermenter on the compressor ledge. The C02 tank is resting on a wooden pillar in order to raise the regulator above the kegs

A clean bead of black silicone might give you want you're looking for.

Used that on the collar/lid - the hinge is attached to the collar so the whole unit swings up. I like getting the shanks/hoses up and out of the way when i'm swapping kegs out so I don't have to shuffle everything around on the inside. :mug:

I finished my Kegerator build this week and send kudos and thanks for all the help I was able to glean from the forums here at HBT.

I started with a Danby DAR482BLS from Home Depot.
DSC_1403.jpg

I pretty much followed the instructions contained here and here.

No screws holding shelving on the door, so time to cut. I made sure to leave the channel so that I could reattach the door seal.
DSC_1404.jpg

I removed the plastic top and started cutting off the door shelving.
DSC_1416.jpg

I started with a dremel and then finished with a handsaw.
DSC_1417.jpg

(cont'd)

... and wound up with this..

DSC_1418.jpg

I did the alcohol and corn starch slurry test and found the cooling lines on this model are away from where I wanted to drill, so just had to ensure I missed the light and thermostat assembly. Drilling a 1 1/4" hole with a hole saw was dead easy.

DSC_1430.jpg

Instead of using a fan, I decided to use copper 1/2" copper pipe to cool the beer lines per this post.
DSC_1437.jpg

A little bit of olive oil on the outside of the lines made for easy running through the pipe.

DSC_1439.jpg

Here it is ready for kegs...

DSC_1441.jpg

(cont'd)

I wrapped the copper in pipe insulation as this will be under the counter on my back bar with the tower mounted to counter.

DSC_1442.jpg

I brought it in from the garage and started getting my bar ready for the tower. A little measuring... actually, quite a bit of measuring, re-measuring and so on. I cut the hole for the tower.

DSC_1446.jpg

I secured the tower to the counter using screws and larger washers underneath to snug it up.

DSC_1448.jpg

And... here is the final product!

DSC_1460.jpg

.... complete with Perlick faucets.

DSC_1463.jpg

I control the temperature with a Ranco ETC (you can see it peeking out from under the cabinet on the 2nd last photo) and it's working quite well keeping the beer at 2 degrees celcius. The tap handles I got from a very good friend who owns a bar. Once of these days, I will serve Boddington's.... probably never the Michelob Ultra though... :drunk:

Right now I'm serving 2 beers from a local Ottawa Craft Brewery called Kichesippi Beer Company. On the right, 1855, and on the left, Natural Blonde

Again, many thanks for all the information I've gleaned from these forums. The brew bug has bitten me hard.... I see my own beers coming from these taps before not very long.

Cheers!

Here's mine all cleaned up as ready to go!

image-1377978306.jpg

I'm debating if I want to plastidip the door satin black.

Genuine said:
Here's mine all cleaned up as ready to go!

I'm debating if I want to plastidip the door satin black.

What kind of fridge is that? It looks like the one i have. If you dont like the SS door im certain someone with a black door with trade you.

Latest posts

Back