Kenmore wiring problem

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jager

Reaction score
In an attempt to modify a dorm fridge to allow it to fit two cornies I disconected the wires coming from the temperator control box mounted on the inside of the fridge (little box with a dial on the front)

But I forgot which way the wires connected.

I looked at the electrical connections next to the compressor so I think the grey wire is the positive, but the temperature controller box doesn't list positive or negative just "C" and "L".

Does the plug with the "C" next to it get the yellow or grey wire? Or the plug with the "L"?

I know the green wire is the ground, so at least I got that covered.

Thanks,
Dave

There will be no neutral. A thermostat is just a fancy switch. You don't have a hot & neutral there you have a hot & switched leg. It doesn't matter which way you hook them up. Cheers.

"C" probably goes to the compressor, and "L" is probably line voltage (hot), but as jager said, it's only a temperature controlled switch, so it dosent really matter

"C" also might mean common, it is common to the compressor and the light but I don't think it will matter.

I am in the process of modifying a Kenmore dorm fridge for lagering, probably going to add a thermostat.

Have you happened to read the voltage across those wires? (I think it is wall voltage..120V).

Beerrific said:
Have you happened to read the voltage across those wires? (I think it is wall voltage..120V).

You should not get voltage across the two wires, if you do then there is something wrong.

If you are testing across one leg of power (black wire only) you will not read voltage. You need to test across the power and common wires.

Latest posts

Back