please help I don't know what to do lol

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EmmaRae

Reaction score
I have never brewed anything in my lift and want to brew a cider to bottle up as wedding favours for my guests, I don't know where to start and need lots of advice on what ingredients I need and equipment I need, my wedding is 6 months away is that enough time to ferment? Someone please help a girl in need lol!!! Any suggestions??

Its a tall task. Especially concidering trial and error is a part of learning how to brew cider. Unlike beer, your ingredient varry a great deal, so the finished product will varry a great deal. 6 months will give you a trial brew and one shot at a good final brew. If your trial brew is good then it can age until your wedding too, but then you get two different brews. Aging is important with cider.
How many bottles will you need? I get 11 bottle/gallon of brew.
What is your favorite commercial cider? Do you like sweet or dry?
http://www.makinghardcider.com/ Try this site for an excelent overview of the process.

First, congrats and welcome to HBT!

Yep, 6 months is plenty of time. What are you looking to make? A dry cider? A sweet cider? Something with spices? Are you using juice from a local mill or grocery store juice?

I was thinking maybe a sweet fruity cider, as my wedding is in the summer time I was it yo reflect that, I'm a big tennis fan, so was thinking strawberrys to go with the theme does that sound do able

EmmaRae said:
I was thinking maybe a sweet fruity cider, as my wedding is in the summer time I was it yo reflect that, I'm a big tennis fan, so was thinking strawberrys to go with the theme does that sound do able

That is very doable. I had an awesome strawberry cider once. It was a commercial cider, I'm not sure who the brewer was though.

You'll want it a bit sweeter if you are doing strawberry cider.

Back