Taste of Real Root Beer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyaukey

Reaction score
I was thinking of making a 5 gal batch of alcoholic root beer. I have never tasted the fermented version before so my question is what does it taste like compared to a root beer that isn't fermented?

I don't know if i can answer your question completely but i can give you what I know. Real fermented rootbeer does have a very small amount of alcohol in it (a fraction of a percent) It isn't enough to worry about since it would take too many glasses of fermented rootbeer to amount to a single adult beverage. I don't have any experience in making alcoholic rootbeer. I don't even ferment anymore since I now have a couple of kegs and a force carbonation system.

this is more of what I was talking about...

http://byo.com/stories/recipeindex/article/recipes/111-soda-pop/1329-real-root-beer

I am wondering what the difference in taste would be for the authentic alcoholic version as compared to the store bought version. I know they are different tasting but I am curious as to if anyone has tried the alcoholic version?

I am from chambersburg btw rigger only a hop and a jump away...

Back