• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Kegerator Craigslist Oswego, IL (funny ad, not mine)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillyVegas

Reaction score
Not my ad, but brilliant nonetheless.

http://chicago.craigslist.org/wcl/app/1513449425.html

Kegerator Needs New Home - $275 (Oswego, IL)
Date: 2009-12-16, 5:25PM CST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

If you are looking for a nice pretty stainless steel kegerator that matches your Viking or Sub-Zero appliances to fill with your pony kegs of Michelob Ultra or Miller Chill then you are in the wrong place. If you are looking for a Kegerator that has partied with it's balls out, manufactured in the great beer-drinking state of Wisconsin - where the women are large and beer is therefore consumed in large quantities, then you've found a great deal.

My neighbors and I were going through a 1/2 barrel every week when I was hosting a poker game every Friday. Well most of them weren't any good at poker, nor any good at kicking in for all the beer they were drinking. Bastards must've though my house was built over a beer well or they just aren't that inquisitive. In any event, after a year or so, I tired of supplying free beer to all the neighborhood donks. More beer for me. Well, 2 kids later, and a poker game every 2-3 months and now the kegerator has sat unused. It's a damn shame to let it just sit there when all it wants to do is make people happy. And make people happy it did for more parties than I can remember. Literally, I have no recollection of many of the events of some of these parties. Probably should've never built that beer bong (I'll throw that in too if you want it)

The Kegerator is made by Perlick - if you google search them you'll see they sell new ones for about $2k and up. I have no idea how old this tank of a kegerator is, but if I had to guess it was probably build in the 80's. It keeps the keg cold and still looks good doing it w/ it's fake wood finish. Legend has it, it's first beer come out sideways and it didn't scream or nothin'. It's on wheels, so if you need to be mobile when you get your drink on, this is your kegerator. Inside shows it's age w/ some rust on the bottom grill, but unless you plan to drink your beer off of the bottom, then it's not an issue and doesn't affect it's operation. I replaced the beer lines and the elbow shank when I bought it. I also bought every washer that could possibly fail so I wouldn't have to spend $5 shipping for a 39cent washer. You get all that plus a cleaning kit, and 2 co2 tanks and dual regulator. Total cost of everything new (not including the kegerator) is over $400. So even if the kegerator took a **** and stopped working after the first beer, the cost of all the stuff you are getting is still worth it. Here are some picks, and links to the current cost of all the extras I'm throwing in.

Now just to not waste anyone's time (mostly mine) if you are one of those flea market types that finally sold enough stale cases of jiffy pop to buy your first computer and are hoping to leverage your negotiating skills on the interweb by trying to haggle to get this for $100 don't bother. You will be disappointed and destined to continue drinking nat lite ice from the can after getting so close to the promised land you could see it. Don't ask me to ship this, or deliver it unless you are willing to pay a lot, really, a lot. If you are local (Oswego), I would consider helping you hook-up and drink the first beer.

12/17/09 10:30 update: I have a number of people interested in a pretty short period of time, so I'd like to avoid going round and round in a bidding war. If that's what I wanted, I would've listed it on ebay instead. I intended on listing this below market to clear it out of the garage by this weekend, but may be a bit more below market than I originally thought. The first person that shows up at my garage intending on buying at the listed price gets it. I will not "hold" it (the kegerator) unless someone is offering more than the listed price.

12/17/09 Noon update: Co-worker has relinquished dibs. Get this, his wife won't let him buy it. I'm disappointed that I ever allowed him dibs and will clearly have to re-evaluate his friendship. His loss is your gain.

$235.00 http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/line-cleaning-pid-CK-6000.html
$59.95 http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/gas-cylinders-pid-430A-5E.html
$88.70 http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/gas-cylinders-pid-430-15E.html
$42.83 http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/regulators-pid-842.html

Tags:
Just in time for the Superbowl.
How do I drink more beer?
Christmas gift for the guy who clearly doesn't have everything or he wouldn't need a kegerator.
What should I buy without telling the wife so she can't say no.
If I have to ask my wife first, I may as well resign myself to a life of drinking zimas and wine coolers.
So very thirsty.
Honey where did you put my balls? I found something on the internets that I want to buy.

* it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 1513449425-0

PostingID: 1513449425

Sorry, I didn't mean for that to come off harsh. Either way, its funny stuff.

Ha- no worries man. Didn't take it harshly... just took it as a point.

Wow, forums with people who are considerate... this place continues to impress me.

Back