Sorry, one more stupid question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
Does the line that will carry the Co2 to the keg from the dual gage regulator(which came all assembled BTW) need to be taken apart and sanatized? What about the line that goes from the keg to the tap?

Both are brand new and both came assembled. I was just going to take them apart and do it but they each have some type of metal clamp on them that i don't think i can put back on. The clamp holds the tubes to the valves and gage and tap.

You don't need to sanitize the gas line, but you can run some sanitizer through the liquid out line while you sanitize the keg. If you take apart the compression clamp, you can always buy a standard hose clamp to replace it with and you won't need a special tool to tighten it, just a screwdriver.

:mug:

cool thanks. Thats the problem with the clamp, its to late to go out and buy one tonight. cool, i will sanatize the hose out and keg tonight then.

thanks

Reverend

Back