Oregon Garden Brewfest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent fest, the last three years! Relatively small, but a good assortment of breweries and beers. Not over-loaded with IPAs like so many fests, maybe a third of the total. Nothing major on the food, but it's good and not expensive.

Sometimes there will be a few beers back in the smoking tent.

I'm ashamed to say I have never been, and I only live like 4 miles away, but I am going this time around. I'll be there Friday night.

Woot I entered the homebrew competition at this years Oregon Gardens Homebrew classic and I received an email today that said I have placed in the competition and that I should attend the award ceremony on Saturday.

I got a similar email for my entry, but wasn't able to attend. Anyone go to the awards ceremony and know who placed where? and in what category?

Didn't make it to the ceremony either, if anyone did let us know. I'm wondering how many entries there where. If I placed in a category that only had a couple of entries I'm not going to be too excited. By the way I went to the brew fest last night, I was really impressed with Calapooia's chili beer, alot of other great brews but nothing else really stood out.

Dude get out of my head! :p I pretty much posted the same thing on my blog today. That Chili Beer was exceptional, we even went down to Albany for a couple pints and a growler after the festival.

What category did you enter? I put my Rose Red Ale in the Spice/Herb/Vegetable category. Just would suck to get second prize if there's only two in the category :p

Nice blog I take it your from Salem, judging by your blog posts. It's nice to see some other Salem people around here. We should get together and brew some time.

I made the ceremony, but with so many awards given out, I couldn't post a list.

I mostly hit the stouts and Oakshire's Espresso Stout was exceptional.

Oakshire's espresso stout was very good, very smooth and easy drinking. I've been on an IPA kick as of late so I hit the Stone IPA a couple of times.

Thanks David, understand there was alot. I'm gonna head donwn to Homebrew Heaven on Tuesday and see if Doug has the results. Ya farmbrewer we should get together for a beer sometime, I'll buy first round. :) BTW, do you happen to be a member of Capitol Brewers?

Negative on being a member of the capital brewers, I went to one meeting and was not impressed but maybe it was just me.

ok, was just wonderin as I was thinking of checking them out. Would be nice to know more brewers from Salem/Keizer. I know they are out there, just apparently not as vocal as the ones from P-Town.

I'm in Heart of the Valley and Oregon Brew Crew, two's plenty.

Anyone else try the Mt. Angel sausages? I had a Firehouse 2 Alarm, nice heat without frying the tastebuds. I'd hoped they'd have some of their Italians, but no dice.

I went up from Grants Pass for the whole thing and picked up a first place for my Pale Ale. Someone had asked how many entries there were. They said they had 154 entries from 50+ brewers. This was my first time at one of these events, so I don't know if that's a lot or a little.

Checked with Dug Faynor today and got no dice on the winners. He said they should be posted eventually, but he was just a judge so he doesn't have access to the final results. Fired off a email to Richard to see if I can get a list from him. Hopefully I'll get a response soon.

I am a homebrewer from Salem. Would love to meet up with both you and Farmerbrewernw for a beer sometime. I have been sick and just got out of the hospital so I will not be able to do this real soon, but we should setup a time and place for in the future sometime.

Well I went springer fishing instead of the brew fest. Spring salmon is now closed for fishing which sucks but I had to give it one last shot! Did anyone here actually go to the fest? I may make a weekend of it next year if there are good reviews.

thanks

Back