Is 4 weeks too long for an EPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pelican521

Reaction score
Hi all, my Fullers ESB clone's recipe calls for 1 week in primary and 2-3 weeks in secondary.

Right now it's sitting in the secondary after a week in the primary (actually 8 days). Should I go the full 3 weeks in the secondary?

Hi all, my Fullers ESB clone's recipe calls for 1 week in primary and 2-3 weeks in secondary.

Right now it's sitting in the secondary after a week in the primary (actually 8 days). Should I go the full 3 weeks in the secondary?

I would go at least two additional weeks if it were my brew. ;)

Rick

So in your opinion, will it come out better if I keep it in the secondary for the full 3 weeks (4 weeks total including primary)?

I still need to dryhop it, I was going to wait a few days then dryhop for 5 days bringing close to the 4 week mark before going to bottle.

I want it to come out great so I don't mind waiting if the end result will be better, but if it's not going to make a difference I'll bottle sooner...

Back