Forced Carb Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickel2274

Reaction score
I am going to keg my first beer. I was told to hook up the co2 to the out valve on the corn and turn the pressure up to 25 psi shake it for one minute, let sit for five minutes then do it again two more times the same way. let it sit overnight, hook co2 back to the in valve on the corn bleed off pressure and set to 8 psi. should be good to drink.

is this correct or not.

Thanks

Probably not, but it depends on how carbonated you like your beer. I usually let it sit on 22lbs for 3 days (no shaking), I then lower it to the serving pressure (7 - 10 lbs). Then I let it sit for another week. It is usually ready by then. I have moved away from strict attention to "style". I found a level that works with what I like to brew and use it. Overnight seems a bit fast from my experience.

so do you have have the co2 connected to the out or the in. So you are saying connect co2 to the out set it to 22 lbs for 3 days. Switch it to the In lower pressure to 7-10lbs let it sit a few days then drink up.

nickel2274 said:
so do you have have the co2 connected to the out or the in. So you are saying connect co2 to the out set it to 22 lbs for 3 days. Switch it to the In lower pressure to 7-10lbs let it sit a few days then drink up.

I have done both. I do not think connecting the CO2 to the out without a diffuser helps get the gas into solution faster. To answer your question yes, for me, that it is a good summery. You just need to find what works for you. Some set to the serving pressure and wait 2 - 3 weeks. The higher pressure will speed up the process.

Latest posts

Back