Oxygen Regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've only seen em online. YOu might call a medical supply store, but I think medical grade O2 cylinders have a different threaded connection than the little welding tanks use.

why don't you wanna buy online? Williams is a good store.

I went and bought an aquarium pump then read all of the posts on here so I am thinking of taking it back and going with the o2 cylinders. I am going to brew today so I wanted to pick one up on my way home from work.

Someone on here posted that they found an oxygen tank regulator at the hardware store for not much ($8 maybe?) - I've been searching the forum and can't find the listing...

That still doesn't include the stone, or tube/cane assembly.... Maybe you already have those though.

kvh.

I have everything else just need the reg. Let me know if you find it I have been searching all morning with no success

If you are in Salt Lake, haul over to the Beer Nut and ask those guys.

Even if they don't have it, I bet they would order one for you.

Wish I was closer to the Beer Nut

No way are you cutting a keg with oxy/mapp. It's only the next step up from a propane torch and just enough for low temp brazing. It will work as an oxygen regulator though.

The strangest thing happened to me today though. I was dropping off motor oil at the town recycling center and I saw a bunch of those disposable O2 tanks sitting in a row near the turned in propane tanks. One of them had the O2 regulator still on. MINE!!! SCORE!! Hey, try it if you have one of these places.

jdd120 said:
If you are in Salt Lake, haul over to the Beer Nut and ask those guys.

Even if they don't have it, I bet they would order one for you.

Wish I was closer to the Beer Nut

They didn’t have any and they wanted about $10.00 more than the online places. I buy all of my supplies from them they do an excellent job, plus the service there is great!!

Sonofabitch!

I've had the worst luck with those damn regs. I bought the Williams kit, always was careful with it, and the little barb piece that the hose hooks onto fell off. I can't figger out how to get it back on, the reg doesn't want to come apart. Bought a second one, just the reg, and if I'm not careful, it'll leak all the O2 out from the tank, I can feel (and hear) it coming out from behind the dial. Cheap POS, anybody know a source for a more robust regulator that'll work with those tanks?

Bobby_M said:
No way are you cutting a keg with oxy/mapp. It's only the next step up from a propane torch and just enough for low temp brazing. It will work as an oxygen regulator though.

The strangest thing happened to me today though. I was dropping off motor oil at the town recycling center and I saw a bunch of those disposable O2 tanks sitting in a row near the turned in propane tanks. One of them had the O2 regulator still on. MINE!!! SCORE!! Hey, try it if you have one of these places.

Yeah I think it was just wishful thinking at the time. I will have to drive by on of those places... Nice SCORE!!

I had a lot of trouble doing the same thing. My regulator was dropped and bent, no longer made a seal on the O2 tanks. Home Depot and other stores would carry the diposable O2 tanks, but no regulators. The two welding supply shops I visited only dealt with the refillable tanks, which use a bigger regulator. In the end I ordered the regulator from more beer. Which they sent without the hose connector, but that's another story.

Back