Anaheim's OC Fest of Ales Homebrew Challenge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A newly minted, first annual, homebrew competition. This first year it's tuned (drop off locations to be announced) for brewers in or near Orange County, but open to any California homebrewer.

And there is time to make a beer for this, if you don't already have competition beers in your quiver.

Important dates:
- Registration is online, already open, at the link below.
- Registration Closes September 1
- Drop off, locations to be announced, September 1 - 12
- Homebrewer's bottle share at Fest of Ales site, September 22

Entries can be any style for a Best of Show winner.

The highest scoring "Reinheitsgebot style beer" (malt, hops, water, yeast) will be brewed on Anaheim Brewery's system, and served at various events in Downtown Anaheim while supplies last. This is simply because a commercial system cannot be easily modified to accommodate some of the wild yeasts and crazy additions going in to beers nowadays.

This is the first year for this event, so total entries and scope has been limited. Better to do it smaller and right than to bite off more than can be chewed.

Here's the link:
http://www.ocfestofales.com/brewmybrew

Cheers,

thanks for heads up - dep on what i've got available and drop off locations I may enter this one

This sounds like a really cool event.
When i first heard about it i had hoped to participate in the 5k, and enter a beer into the comp. And now it looks like i'm missing the whole thing altogether. Hopefully there will be a 2nd annual! Thanks for posting!

Back