The perfect pour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read some reviews on beer where people griped about how long the head lasted, etc... I've also ran into a few issues myself (no griping), but I think I am finally getting the hang of it. Another machine to do something people normally did by hand. Next thing is something to actually pour it into your mouth.

You mean one of these?

4688-turbotap.JPG

I've got one on my kegerator. Works great. Totally not worth the hefty pricetag unless you're pouring mass quantities of beer in a hurry. I bought it thinking I had a problem other than keg line balancing when my beer foamed a lot.

Yuri, that is definitely cool. I agree though, probably not worth the money.
Besides, homebrewer's have nothing but time, right? <insert sarcasm>

Dennys Fine Consumptibles said:
Oh no.. a beerachino machine!

Does it brew, filter and carb the beer for you too?

Actually, I think it just mixes the beer syrup with carbonated water. I think I read something about it here on HBT a couple months back... where companies are experminting with, basically, Beer Extract.... not MALT Extract, but BEER extract... to make it easier to transport and serve.

I could be mistaken though....

Never thought I'd be proud to say I'm hung like a beer faucet, but that's one big beer faucet!:D

Yuri_Rage said:
You mean one of these?

4688-turbotap.JPG

I've got one on my kegerator. Works great. Totally not worth the hefty pricetag unless you're pouring mass quantities of beer in a hurry. I bought it thinking I had a problem other than keg line balancing when my beer foamed a lot.

Orpheus said:
Never thought I'd be proud to say I'm hung like a beer faucet, but that's one big beer faucet!:D

Ahhhhh yes one fellow that decides to show off his (in geek terms e-penis) in beer terms his beer-penis :tank:

may we all ask what the price tag is on one of these babies or is there a DIY project thread on one of these?

Micromatic sells them here for $180-$350 depending on the accessories you want.

A DIY version would be VERY difficult. Machining one of these without a sophisticated multi-axis CAM-type machine would be a nightmare.

Back