Need Good AG Book

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fatboy

Reaction score
Almost have the parts together for my AG setup - and thanks for the help everyone. I would like to invest in a good, clear and concise, AG brewing book. I like books that cut around the BS and get to the point.

Any suggestions from the AG Gods?

Thanks! Paul

I agree with the link El Pistolero posted. I just got this book and it is full of information. Maybe too much for the average homebrewer, but he details every style completely, from a commercial and homebrew view.

Boy, can't believe no one has mentioned Palmer's How to Brew yet. That book singlehandedly got me through my first AG batch. I've been meaning to purchase the paperback version just to support Palmer cause he's pretty damn cool.

This is THE bible of beginning brewing, IMHO. Accept no substitute.

ORRELSE said:
Boy, can't believe no one has mentioned Palmer's How to Brew yet. That book singlehandedly got me through my first AG batch. I've been meaning to purchase the paperback version just to support Palmer cause he's pretty damn cool.

Agreed. I got that book before I even got my homebrewing equipment on the suggestion of my LHBS. That thing is full of all the necessary information to get you started.

It believe it was "ORRELSE" who led me to Palmer's sight also. It's easy to understand but has enough information to give you a good comprehension as to the science behind what you are doing. I'd go there for sure.

ORRELSE said:

Palmer's online book was in my collection of links above, as well as the CruiseNews guide, and a few other helpful links. It's pretty much every homebrew link I use... all in one convenient location :)

Back