What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love stout season!
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409453080.364109.jpg

Another Colorado haul courtesy of Mhurst111. Dam, I didn't know how many beers were here from you. Thanks Mike!

These are damn good too! And I've already had at least half the stash waaay before they got here. Sssssmmmaaaaccckkeed. :D

1409453069754.jpg

My first Zombie Dust, Gumballhead and New Glarus Moon Man. Had some friends visit and they brought in a nice haul of stuff.

My first Zombie Dust, Gumballhead and New Glarus Moon Man. Had some friends visit and they brought in a nice haul of stuff.

Nice! Last trip to Chicago, I stopped by FFF and picked up some zombie dust that was bottled less than a week before. Great beer, I can see why people were buying cases of it.

Don't do it!

It's hrad not to. They are so amazed with the craft beer I've introduced to them tonight that I just want to keep going. I'm about to crack open the BCBS 2013 and the Narwhal 2012.

Just cracked a Ten Fidy and blew their minds.

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409454080.608492.jpg

Apfelwein from last year. I bottled a couple of wine bottles of still Apfelwein, so I could compare to my usual (high carbonation). I much prefer it carbonated.

It's hrad not to. They are so amazed with the craft beer I've introduced to them tonight that I just want to keep going. I'm about to crack open the BCBS 2013 and the Narwhal 2012.

Just cracked a Ten Fidy and blew their minds.

Doooo it

Head dissipated very quickly on this one. This is my cram Brulé stout clone that turned into a vanilla spice Stout. The crème brûlée was seemingly impossible to replicate. I don't know how they do it.

Still a lot of spice despite 2 vanilla beans in the boil, 3 in secondary and 2 1/2 table spoon of vanilla extract at bottling.
View attachment 220969

Lots of burnt sugar???

Ask them if they will drink a bud/coors/miller lite tomorrow.

Haha, they have all already said they have changes their minds about what beer id. Reminds me of my first introduction to craft ber. A great memory.

Having a properly chilled HB Citra Belle Saison...I really do like Citra. Really coming through in this saison. This is good now...could be very good in a couple weeks. Oh, and I made some foraged muscadine grape jelly today...my little leftover extra for evaluation goes really well with the saison...like a "spoon fruit" ...makes the saison taste like Hi-Nelson w/ Hibiscus, but a little sweeter.

DSC05444.jpg

Started the drinking with a Mission Brewery Storm King at the cigar bar, came home and had a few San Tan Hop Shocks and a Left Hand Milk Stout while making candi sugar for the dubbel I'm brewing tomorrow.

Mmmm....so good! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1409457535.190135.jpgWas going to drink one of these earlier but when I went to get it from the keezer, it was room temp. The compressor is running, but it's not getting below 66 inside. So I had to move everything over to another fridge. And I guess I'll be throwing out my freezer. Good thing I didn't put any work into building a collar and making it look nice. Piece of crap. Oh well, drinking the ZD and watching Breaking Bad. Never watched it while it was still going. Up to the first episode of the 3rd season.

Having two Russian Imperial Stouts for lunch.

One is Dave37's and one is mine. Mixed the cups so I don't know which is which but I could immediately smell the difference. I feel like the guy in the YouTube video (or is it really me?). :D

View attachment 220861
View attachment 220862

Awesome man glad you enjoyed the RIS. You know there is plenty more where that came from. I think a re brew of that is in order soon after the oktoberfest and Brett pale come to be.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Back