Recommend me two recipes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

petergriffen

Reaction score
Looking for an alt and a stout. All grain. Only thing is temp for fermentation will be 53-60.

The old standby dry stout recipe is 70% pale, 20% flaked barley, 10% roasted barley. Turns out very tasty with any English yeast fermented on the cool side, or you can go crazy and toss a Belgian strain in there and it'll still be great. If your process is good it's a sure thing every time.

The old standby dry stout recipe is 70% pale, 20% flaked barley, 10% roasted barley. Turns out very tasty with any English yeast fermented on the cool side, or you can go crazy and toss a Belgian strain in there and it'll still be great. If your process is good it's a sure thing every time.

+1 for this. But keep to a clean english strain IMHO, notty works awesome in this case.

I actually replace the 10% roasted barley with 5% UK chocolate and 5% roasted barley

Cool, I was just questioning also if I could just replace a yeast with a cooler fermenting one from a recipe without much change. Most recipes here are for around 65 degrees. I am also doing this stovetop

The last two times I made this beer I pitched a pack of Notty and started it out at the bottom end of Notty's tolerance (58-59*) and let it slowly ramp up over a week to 65*.

Back