Kansas City, MO - Group Buy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schumed

Reaction score
Putting together another Group Buy through my contact. Here are his current prices
Rahr Pale Ale 38.75 50lb bag
Rahr Two Row 36.25 50lb bag
Rahr Wheat 36.55 50lb bag
Patagonia Caramel 45 40.77 55lb bag (This item is discontinued and he only has 14 left) so hopefully by the time we order he will still have some

Once I get a minimal of 10 bags I will put the order in.

Pick up - For the last one we had a pick up in NKC area, for the South we had a pick up up at 95th and I-35 during lunch, and you can pick up at my house near Zona rosa.

Payment - Paypal is prefered

Email with "Group Buy" in the subject line to [email protected] for questions and your order.

If you know if a cheaper option please let me know :)

Is the $5 surcharge per bag allowed? From the Group Buy Rules:

Group Buy Rules

Only ingredient group buys are allowed on HBT unless you are an HBT registered Vendor.

Exact price from retailer must be posted in thread and cost must be exact, no up charge for putting together group buys or expense fee of any sort.

Pickup of ingredients from group buy must be local, no shipping to people participating allowed.

Retailer of ingredients is not allowed to be active in thread unless they are an HBT Vendor.

Group buy must be organically started by a well established HBT member. Anyone working for or affiliated with the retailer will not be allowed. Attempting to do commercial/vendor/profit sales fronting as a Group Buy will result in banning and having company blacklisted from HBT.

HBT is in no way responsible for Group Buys and cannot help or assist in a dispute. Buyer beware!
Last edited by TxBrew; 03-15-2011 at 04:15 PM.

I've got my minimum and planning to order this coming Monday pick up will be Thursday or Friday

This group buy is closed...Order is in..Pickup will be later this week...probably Friday

Hi Schumed,

Is it bad form to ask for a the contact's info? My brew club in Salina would like to do a group buy but I don't know when we'd have a person up that way is why I ask. I think we're looking at around 10 to 12 bags. I didn't want to speak for any without having a plan to get you paid and get the grains picked up.

Thanks either way,

Swifty

Back