Acting on impulse!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brakeman_Brewing

Reaction score
so its been a short while since ive been learning about, and experimenting with ciders and apfelwein, but i cant help myself, any time i am at the grocery store and i see a jug of juice, i check for preserves and think to myself 'i bet that would be awesome to ferment out'.

well one day i was out with SWMBO and she thought the following sounded awesome so we did it, and it has been fermenting away for the past 10 days or so:

Size: 5 Gal

(60%) 100% Apple Juice no preserve
(25%) 100% Cranberry-Apple Juice no preserve
(15%) 100% Apple-Pomegranate no preserve
2lbs dextrose
1 packet Montrachet

(ive been a bum lately and havent replaced my cracked hydrometer so when i did this i wasnt able to get a reading, ill have to pick a new one up ASAP)

anyone else attempted using other fruit juices like this?

mr_stimey said:
...(ive been a bum lately and havent replaced my cracked hydrometer so when i did this i wasnt able to get a reading, ill have to pick a new one up ASAP)...

Ha! I've got the same problem right now. I snapped the top off my hydrometer a few weekends back and I haven't gotten around to replacing it.

Evan! said:
thought about it. never followed through. let us know how it turns out.

nice thing about it is if it doesnt turn out, it was $14 dollars and a lesson learned

Back