What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its not just you, and nothing wrong with it in general but reading a post then reading the same nonsensical stuff at the end everytime gets annoying. Because on mobile it shows up as basically a part of the last line of your post

Haha yeah I get what you mean after every post it does seen like I just add on brahahaha

Brahahahaha

I rear ended a car this morning because the woman in front of me, her break lights were not working properly. Minor damage to both cars but felling kind of bummed about the bent wheelView attachment 178984 flare on my jeep. This should cheer me up

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I need some of that!!! Sooooo freaking good. Had a dry hopped cask version at brew Fest here last year!!

Coff. Working from home has it's disadvantages. VPNs were the worst thing ever created (only on snow days).

I can only imagine how pissed-off Mark is right now with more snow! Because I am!

Hopefully resigned to the crap :(

Have a couple of meetings and a rush fix that needs to get done before I can get out and start moving this crap. I just hope it doesn't start sleeting before then or I am screwed. :smack:

*edit* - my go-to bottle shop (that just started doing growler fills) just posted this on FB: "Pliney, Heady Topper, Russian River & CBS growler fills today" ... of course it was followed two seconds later that said "SOLD OUT!!!"

Coffee- too many Hi - res' last night- it def goes to 11!

Went to the LHBS last night to drop my Conan APA i made which the owner wanted to try. He was supposed to bring in his heady topper clone which he forgot but oh well. While bsing with him he said a true brew bock kit that was on the shelf for over a year priced at $42.95 he would sell to me for 20 bucks... Mostly LME and some steeping grains which are crushed... think its worth it? would it still be good? comes with muntons yeast which i would prolly toss anyway :off: i know

Good luck on getting back - could be a travel mess into the weekend I think.

Having some coffee and thankful I don't need to see the musical again tonight. I think I would rather shovel snow than sit through it again :D

Yea, this is going to suck.

Coffee for now...

Another Coff. Pretty sure I am going to start drinking around noon today.

Firing-up the generator to make sure all is good before **** hits the fan.

Coff. Working from home has it's disadvantages. VPNs were the worst thing ever created (only on snow days).

I can only imagine how pissed-off Mark is right now with more snow! Because I am!

Agreed. It's one of the few times I wish I could just leave the office and not be able to work. Most years, these type of days are much fewer than what we've experienced this winter. Snow or not, I still enjoy drinking beer while working.

Definitely drinking beer early today.

Just started in on the coffee. Hopefully the people I deal with at work are smarter today than they were yesterday. If not, I have plenty of Irish cream for the coffee and plenty of beer.

Maybe we should start a "what beer are you drinking now?" thread? Because "Coff?" and water is really getting old. Pretty sure that was probably the point of this thread 83,775 posts ago.

Sent from an igloo 35 miles north of the Arctic circle.

Agreed. It's one of the few times I wish I could just leave the office and not be able to work. Most years, these type of days are much fewer than what we've experienced this winter. Snow or not, I still enjoy drinking beer while working.

Definitely drinking beer early today.

I have to try that sometime.

Fourth cup of Coff. HUMBUG.

Is someone wearing her beer mittens for posting tonight?
haha I wish I had figured that out faster and I would have hashtagged #tweetingwithmittens
Bwahahaha! I wound up with my two younger ones and two females cousins doing a sleepover. SWMBO slipped in the carport and likely pulled her hamstring pretty badly...laid out on the couch. Iced it and drugged it. Time to move her to the bedroom and replace her on the couch with a Belgian Strong Dark in hand!

BOO! I hope your wife is okay. Sending my best which I am sure sending best wishes from some random stranger online is just the remedy to an injury. :D

It was about 3, I was shoveling my walk just a bit and my neighbor came by to give me bottles. We ended up drinking, and drinking. Then her husband came, my other neighbor. A LOT of beers later and a TON of wine...well 8 am hit and holy crud! So much fun!

This is why i gate the TABC and the beer scene here is so behind the rest of the country

From Elevation BA post
"Hey Guys!

Weird on the corks, we will have to check in on that, they seem to work fine in CO but perhaps a change in Elevation? (No pun intended). We will look into it. Thanks for letting us know.

So dates on Downpour.....Don't look to the distributor as they did a great job, instead look to the TABC, which generally was a pain. They said it would take 3 months, instead took 6! So beers that we brewed to be released in Oct/Nov were instead held up by the TABC for 3 months due to their inefficiency. Bummer. Luckily we still like how all the beers we are tasting here in TX.

Downpour is probably more accurately described as a Imperial Red, as that was last year's version, but we had a hard time at the brewery putting it in a 'style' especially considering it was brewed with CO fresh hops. But again, we feel happy with how its tasting, and would still stand behind it 100%. If its not your style try something else! (Like a local TX brew)

Another TABC note: We were actually forced to destroy several pallets (like our Engel Wiesse, a sour kettle Berliner Wiesse) due to dating concerns. Made us feel for Texas brewers dealing with the TABC, cost us a lot of money to destroy the product, especially when we could have released it in Colorado instead of holding it for Texas. But we felt it was the right thing to do.

All that being said we are very excited to be bring beers to our friends in Texas, and look out for four more Black Series and four more Double Black Series releases in Texas this year.

Always feel free to ask us any questions and we will give you an honest answer.

Thanks for caring about great craft beer and Cheers.

The Elevation Team."

F-n BS to destroy beer that we could of gotten. F_U TABC

Maybe we should start a "what beer are you drinking now?" thread? Because "Coff?" and water is really getting old. Pretty sure that was probably the point of this thread 83,775 posts ago.

Thank you for your contribution. Nowhere in your post does it mention that you are drinking anything.

Sent from a straw hut 25 miles north northwest of the Mason-Dixon line.

You're more than welcome to go start that thread and leave this one.

Its still follows the "rules" of the thread. This is more of a social thread and its whatever your drinking. Plus the "Coff" is like out hangover role call to make sure everyone is safe and sound :tank:

You coulda had a V8!

Its still follows the "rules" of the thread. This is more of a social thread and its whatever your drinking. Plus the "Coff" is like out hangover role call to make sure everyone is safe and sound :tank:

Exactly, I feel like this thread is equally as social as it is about beer. Its a great place to ask questions about beer, brewing, or just life. Plus, there arent many of us drinking beers at 8am everyday. It would get awfully boring in here without the "chatter". I enjoy the alchy conversations that happen here, beer related or not! :mug:

Exactly, I feel like this thread is equally as social as it is about beer. Its a great place to ask questions about beer, brewing, or just life. Plus, there arent many of us drinking beers at 8am everyday. It would get awfully boring in here without the "chatter". I enjoy the alchy conversations that happen here, beer related or not! :mug:

Agreed!

You're more than welcome to go start that thread and leave this one.

@jmcquesten, when you start that thread, make sure you state very specific rules to ensure no one goes off-topic at any point. Maybe ask a moderator to pay special attention and ban members that don't follow those rules. Make sure you post a link to this thread so that we can enjoy. Thanks! :mug:

"Mr. Jmcquesten, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post was there anything that could even be considered a post about what you're drinking now. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!"

More coffee. :D

*Any uptight people that are concerned with what may or may not have been the original purpose of this thread should look away now. *

I'm drinking orange juice. That's right, orange juice. Not a beer, but orange juice. I could just as easily be drinking coff. But this morning it's orange juice. Once again. Not beer. Orange juice.
OJ OJ OJ OJ OJ OJ OJ OJ OJ OJ

Ok, sorry thought it may have been about beer. Apparently some feelings have been hurt, that was not the intention. I guess it is good to know that we don't all just drink beer. So here goes...drinking coffee.

Ok, sorry thought it may have been about beer. Apparently some feelings have been hurt, that was not the intention. I guess it is good to know that we don't all just drink beer. So here goes...drinking coffee.

Apology accepted, welcome to the Alchy thread! We're not that bad, just a bunch of smart @$$es. :mug:

No feelings are hurt. It's just every so often someone comes in and criticizes what goes on in here and completely misses what this thread is all about. I think finsfan put it well in his post. I think we have a good group of guys here and we have a good time. Anyone is welcome to join in the fun. Just don't criticize our Coff!!!! ;)

Go have a beer and relax.

Water as I rack and dry-hop my latest project - Bad Moon Rison IPA.

andre-risen.jpg

Not accepted. I still don't like you until you post (and show) that you're drinking a beer. ;)

We don't get hurt (unless we run out of beer) but we may get slightly territorial and a tad defensive if you haven't noticed by now.

Lol.

Fourth cup of coffee here

Well,I had an eventful morning. School bus didn't show to take my son to JVS,so I had to freeze my arse off in 5F weather to take hime the 20 miles or so. Was coming back,got all the way to make a right off Murray RDG onto Rt 254,when I got cut off by a meat wagon. There was a bad accident some 200ft up the road,blocking three lanes. Waiting in traffic,blood pressure pills makin my kidneys reach critical mass,I had to turn around & go the long way around. got back near home to BP for beer & vodka for the weekend,drained both legs,& headed to McyD's for breakfast for me & the wife. Just sat down & Jehovah's witnesses show up. Had my coffee,sausage biscuits & hash browns finally. Now if my L2 disc would stop complaining...

Well,I had an eventful morning. School bus didn't show to take my son to JVS,so I had to freeze my arse off in 5F weather to take hime the 20 miles or so. Was coming back,got all the way to make a right off Murray RDG onto Rt 254,when I got cut off by a meat wagon. There was a bad accident some 200ft up the road,blocking three lanes. Waiting in traffic,blood pressure pills makin my kidneys reach critical mass,I had to turn around & go the long way around. got back near home to BP for beer & vodka for the weekend,drained both legs,& headed to McyD's for breakfast for me & the wife. Just sat down & Jehovah's witnesses show up. Had my coffee,sausage biscuits & hash browns finally. Now if my L2 disc would stop complaining...
That's an interesting story, but I'm afraid it's :off: unless you're drinking a beer. ;)

^Well,hey,I bought beer & vodka for the weekend,not being entirely sure that storm that passed us over for new england wouldn't circle back around. that has to count for being beer related?!...:confused:

Back in my day I hiked 20 miles in the pouring snow up hill both ways to get to school. Kids these days have it easy with their fancy motor vehicles and their cellar telephones. :D

Back