What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Double pour of my 3724 Saison.

I was going to pound down some celebratory drinks. I thought for a second that I was getting a hefty check. Posted a while back that DoL was investigating my company for not paying us overtime. Got a letter from DoL saying they finished their investigation and concluded my company illegally classified us as exempt and that they owed me just shy of $4,000 in back overtime (in addition to what they owe the several hundred other folks). Was thrilled. Then read the rest the of the letter, where my company refuses to pay, and DoL isn't going to litigate it. So I have to take em to court myself if I want a cent. I guess it's time for a class action lawsuit. Or to call my old union from when I lived in Jersey. In either case, I'll probably get fired before it gets better. So in the mean time I'm gonna pound down the pissed off drinks until I figure out what to do...

Double pour of my 3724 Saison.

I was going to pound down some celebratory drinks. I thought for a second that I was getting a hefty check. Posted a while back that DoL was investigating my company for not paying us overtime. Got a letter from DoL saying they finished their investigation and concluded my company illegally classified us as exempt and that they owed me just shy of $4,000 in back overtime (in addition to what they owe the several hundred other folks). Was thrilled. Then read the rest the of the letter, where my company refuses to pay, and DoL isn't going to litigate it. So I have to take em to court myself if I want a cent. I guess it's time for a class action lawsuit. Or to call my old union from when I lived in Jersey. In either case, I'll probably get fired before it gets better. So in the mean time I'm gonna pound down the pissed off drinks until I figure out what to do...

That sucks man. Nothing like being told you are right that you were screwed over but were not going to do anything about it. I'd be freakin' pissed too!

I don't have a fermentation chamber, so it was in he ambient basement temp of 68 or so. Sorry, but can't get more precise then that.

Actually, that tells me a lot. I've been leaning towards S04, and I've been trying to decide if I should go on the low or high end of the spectrum. Knowing that you went on the high end makes me think I should do the same. Thanks!

**** man thats bad news. Sorry to hear that your co. Sucks the big one.

Drinkin some HB brown IPA

image-2771599543.jpg

Founder's Inspired Artist. I love this beer! If I had the recipe I'd keep on tap as the house brew.

Drinking Jameson while making cider.

Quick question. Making cider so no boil and using Wyeast nutrient so how do I add it?

BigDaddyBeard said:
Drinking Jameson while making cider. Quick question. Making cider so no boil and using Wyeast nutrient so how do I add it?
Boil the nutrient in a little bit of water, cool, & add

Evil twin Low Life. One thing that doesnt piss me off about the price of this is when I think... better than sitting in a bar or event and paying the same price what I use to for a miller lite/bluemoon/or if lucky a sam adams. And this is a Dang good pilsener. Indeeedililydoodily!

juniperipabottlelg--en--8fdc9d25-0642-40f8-ba2f-c6ddb170a022.png

Much better than I was expecting. Might have another:D

Nice. SA is really branching out these days. I like juniper ales,adds another dimention to hops.They are almost like hops themselves. Plus I like my Juniper pale ale.:)

Went to a restaurant today called "The Tilted Kilt". Nice place. Had a "sour cider' which is 1/2 Guinness and 1/2 Angry Orchard. Very tasty but one of those 1 and done drinks.

Marmike600 said:
Toasting all my fellow Marines out there. Semper Fidelis brothers!

Cheers and thanks for your service. Happy birthday to the USMC. And happy veterans day to you tomorrow. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

Finishing up the night with my last bottle of HB brown IPA.

Independence Brewing, Bootlegger Brown Ale. Been a long beer drinking weekend with friends.

Boulevard's Dark Truth Stout. Maybe my favorite of the season. Also Stillwater Classique (meh). Also Hollow Point from The Perfect Crime, nice beer, better as a night cap IMHO. And a PBR.

Abita Vanilla Doubledog 25th Anniversary. Nit a tonbof vanilla but a damn good beer and Im usually not to impressed with Abita. It was $2 special at the bottle shop, probably get a couple more tomorrow

ForumRunner_20131111_001716.jpg

The fiancee is having this. She found it hidden on a shelf at the bottle shop and immediately let me know it was hers and not mine.........Ive created a monster

ForumRunner_20131111_003255.jpg

Back