What is the best All-Grain book/reference?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Griffsta

Reaction score
Im finally going all grain. There are many books out there, most of which have 1) general homebrow info, 2)a section on all grain, and 3) tons of recipies.

I am looking for something that is specifically geared toward all grain, or at least very heavy in all grain info.

Let me know if you guys know anything. Thanks!

New Brewing Lager Beer by Noonan covers a lot of advanced topics that either aren't covered in How To Brew at all, or are not covered thoroughly.

I would consider this book an intermediate to expert read. This might speak to my lack of intelligence, but I had to read through some sections several times to understand them.

New Brewing Lager Beer by Noonan covers a lot of advanced topics that either aren't covered in How To Brew at all, or are not covered thoroughly.

Two thumbs up for Noonan. I would also second Palmer's How to Brew as the best and most up-to-date general purpose homebrewing book. HTB has very good info on all aspects of homebrewing but Brewing Lager Beer goes into more depth and detail than other homebrewing publications especially on topics such as mashing and brewing water. Don't let the title fool you. While it is based on lagers 99% of the information it has also pertains to ales. :mug:

Back