Looking for a kit to match Dundee Original Honey Brown Lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never made them, but I think Austin Homebrew has both a Honey Kolsch and a Honey Brown Ale. I think Dundee's lager is fairly light, so the Kolsch might be a closer bet.

My wife and I also like the Dundee Honey Brown Lager. I've made the Honey Amber Ale from Midwest Brewing Supply hoping to enjoy the honey aroma and such. If it turns out good, that is. This is my first batch. I'll be bottling it this weekend and can report back in about 3 weeks.

My wife and I also like the Dundee Honey Brown Lager. I've made the Honey Amber Ale from Midwest Brewing Supply hoping to enjoy the honey aroma and such. If it turns out good, that is. This is my first batch. I'll be bottling it this weekend and can report back in about 3 weeks.

Please do! :mug:

In my personal opinion, Northern Brewer's Honey Brown kit is a huge crowd pleaser and only slightly heavier than Dundee's. Mine was done with 1 week in primary, 1 week in secondary and 1 week kegged in the fridge under carbonation....

In my personal opinion, Northern Brewer's Honey Brown kit is a huge crowd pleaser and only slightly heavier than Dundee's. Mine was done with 1 week in primary, 1 week in secondary and 1 week kegged in the fridge under carbonation....

Thanks for the feedback!

I also love this beer. Grape and Granary (online as well as in-store in Akron) have a honey lager kit that I was going to buy last night but went with a munich helles. Might be worth looking into. It uses over 2lbs of honey...

Might have to looking into it when I go back into Grape and Granary, was in there for the first time a couple weeks ago. Was impressed but a little pricey.

Bump!

I picked up a 6pack of Dundee's Honey Brown Lager and it's awesome!

I would very much like to make an ale that's close to it! Has anyone had any success?

Back