Where to go for those rhizomes?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EinGutesBier

Reaction score
Recently, I was thinking about going through Midwest Brewing for my hop rhizome needs, but it seems they're having some difficulties with stock and shipping. I know that other folks on the forum have gone to other places and even listed them. Would it be possible for anyone who knows of places other than Midwest to post those links for rhizomes? There's one place in particular I'm thinking of that had an odd green or yellow background on their page.

Also, if any of you guys have your own rhizomes from home for sale, please, please PM me your contact info so I can buy from you. :mug: Thanks everyone!

Hops Direct
More Beer
Midwest
Northern Brewer
Thyme Garden
Freshops

Just Google Hop Rhisome and Hop Rhizomes to see who is still selling and if they have what you want.

I ordered from Midwest to and I went ahead and placed another order from freshops.com as others have stated that they are already recieved theirs... I'd reather spend an extra $25 and get what I want and if I happen to double up if Midwest does pull though then I'll just have twice as many going.

DIY Brewing Company said:
I sell them in my shop for 4.50 with free shipping and have a large variety.

wow! thanks for posting this.. I would have never checked out your site and your products..

I just ordered:

2x kent goldings
1x fuggle
1x hallertau

for 4.50 each... and free shipping!!!! You cant beat that!:ban: :ban: :ban:

Thanks again!

Denny's Evil Concoctions said:
In Canada you can get them from Left field which is basically Crannog brewery in Sorento, BC.

I ordered from them this year, Denny. Have you dealt with them before?

Well, I added it into my order, but I haven't heard. They said to check for availability. I didn't bother checking, I just ordered. I hope they substitute.

I emailed Crannog brewery for there hop prices. I got the hop flyer back.
British Columbia will probably be a bear when it comes to shipping/handling.

While talking with my parents they mentioned the neighbor just ripped out some hops 2 years back :mad:
I talked with the neighbor (he wasn't sure of the type of hops he pulled) but he has a local source here in the Niagara Region :)

Cheers
BeerCanuck

Fingers said:
Well, I added it into my order, but I haven't heard. They said to check for availability. I didn't bother checking, I just ordered. I hope they substitute.
I asked yesterday about NB and the lovely lady said GFY. lol

She was quite polite and said they had no NB.:(

Dang. Oh well, I ordered damn near everything else they had, too. :D I expect I'll have plenty of surplus to trade in a year or so. :rockin:

I haven't ordered yet. I should order soon I guess. No, I haven't dealt with them beofre, but I have met the owner of Crannog. He's.... a bit Odd. If I see him again at this years fest-of-ale in Penticton, I'll snap a photo... you'll understand. lol

Just ordered mine yesterday form DIY: http://diybrewing.com/shop/

They had a pretty good selection and low prices...PLUS FREE SHIPPING! I just hope that does not reflect on the quality.

I live in Phoenix and can't wait to see how these grow in the climate. I ordered Cascade & Hallertau.

Let's do it!!!

Kug
:rockin:

Back