Favorite black IPA/ Cascadian Dark ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dawnhulio said:
Mmm...Bridgeport Brewery's 'Dark Rain ' Black IPA is a top one for us.

Just tried that. Pretty dang good. Not as hop intense as I was expecting, but good balance of roast notes and hop flavor. I think I will be moving forward with my plans to brew up a session style CDA. I love the complexity of this style. Not to mention, I dont think as many of my friends and family will ask for bottles of this! More for me!!!

Barley Brown's Turmoil...here's the link to the BYO recipe.

http://***********/component/resource/article/2072-birth-of-a-new-style-cascadian-dark-ale

Sorry for bringing back an old thread but.....just brewed this and tasting it for the first time. AMAZING!! Exactly what a Black IPA should be!!!

Sorry for bringing back an old thread but.....just brewed this and tasting it for the first time. AMAZING!! Exactly what a Black IPA should be!!!

Couldn't agree with you more. The only Black IPA that I have tried that comes close is Otter Creeks Alpine Black.

I have really enjoyed O'Connor's Great Dismal Swamp cascadian dark ale. If you are ever in distribution range try and grab it.

Though it sounds like an oxymoron, Heavy Seas Black Cannon is an amazingly sessionable and refreshing Black IPA. I haven't been able to stop drinking it lately! Very smooth on the palate while still being quite interesting. Not as extreme as many of the examples in this thread.

Back