Looking for competitions...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lando

Reaction score
I would like to enter some competitions and get feedback from people who know more about tasting beer than myself and my BMC drinking buddies.
The main ones I find seem to be at county fairs, or local club contents.
Most of the county fairs seem to be over with and I am not too interested in joining a local club.
Any ideas? I found the national home brew contest that is next summer, but would like to enter some a lot sooner.
If anyone knows of any competitions coming up I would love to know about them so I can get some brew ready.

On that note, do most people bottle condition their competition beer, or bottle from the keg? (I know, I know, that shows how much of a green horn I am)
Thanks!

:mug:

On that note, do most people bottle condition their competition beer, or bottle from the keg? (I know, I know, that shows how much of a green horn I am)
Thanks!

:mug:

I bottle condition all of my brews, but if I'm entering in competition I put the comp beers in the fridge as soon as they're carbed, then I chill down some sanitized empties and decant the beer from into another bottle. I foam it up with a syringe and cap on the foam. It probably doesn't matter that much whether it's bottle conditioned or not, but I worry that it won't be treated well and the judges will get a bunch of yeast in the glass.

Back