March pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agree that it's a great pump for an ok price but read the fine print. "all sales are final no returns or refunds" You can get the same pump from Northern Brewer (item #7351) for the same price (and brand new) yet if somethings wrong you can return it.

Actually, NB does not sell that pump. But Brewmasterswarehouse does. The one listed is a 3/4" inlet with a 1/2" outlet. I think this is a better design and that price is the best you will find. I do agree that for $10 the customer service at BMW is probably worth it.

We do sell that style pump, but the one difference is that the pump we sell has a plug on the end not just the wires. Depending on what you are looking for that may make a difference. With shipping included it looks like the pump from us is $3 more expensive.

Ed

We do sell that style pump, but the one difference is that the pump we sell has a plug on the end not just the wires. Depending on what you are looking for that may make a difference. With shipping included it looks like the pump from us is $3 more expensive.

Ed

I'm so tempted to bite the bullet and buy a pump from you. My immersion chiller needs repair (some of the tubing split; it must not have drained entirely, and it was in the garage all winter). I could spend the time to fix it (not much, and I think I have the couplers I need already)...... or I could buy a pump and use the CFC that I bought from Dude a while back. Haven't been able to use it before, my setup is not conducive to gravity-feed).

I recently just upgraded my system from an IC to a plate chiller and pump. I absolutely love it. I do not have a fancy structure just put it on the deck next to me. I use a ball value to control the outflow and thrumometer to check the temps. The pump makes everything easier. I upgraded to 10 gallon batches and pump my mash water to the cooler MLT so I do not have to lift it. I should have bought a pump a long time ago.

I'm so tempted to bite the bullet and buy a pump from you. My immersion chiller needs repair (some of the tubing split; it must not have drained entirely, and it was in the garage all winter). I could spend the time to fix it (not much, and I think I have the couplers I need already)...... or I could buy a pump and use the CFC that I bought from Dude a while back. Haven't been able to use it before, my setup is not conducive to gravity-feed).

Bite that bullet, especially since you've already got the CFC! I enjoy brewing so much more now that no longer have to fool around with an IC or lift and carry pots with 5-8 gallons of liquid in them! I still use gravity going from the MLT to the kettle, but otherwise all liquid is moved by the pump. It's a joy to just flip a switch and watch the water or wort flow.

Just as a reference, my pump (1/2" in/out, with bracket and AC plug) was on sale at Austin Homebrew for $118.99.

Agree that it's a great pump for an ok price but read the fine print. "all sales are final no returns or refunds" You can get the same pump from Northern Brewer (item #7351) for the same price (and brand new) yet if somethings wrong you can return it.

Still covered by the factory 1 year warranty as stated in the ebay ad there are lots of places that state all sales final they just dont want you buying it and the returning it 2 weeks later. The will take a defective one back.

The one listed is a 3/4" inlet with a 1/2" outlet. I think this is a better design and that price is the best you will find.

What makes the design better? I am in the market for 2 pumps, just haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Bird,
Don't ruin a good bullet. I'll send you the one I bit on for about a year while I was trying to decide which way to go! Just put it in some Star San, I hear you don't even have to rinse it. Go for it! - Dwain

Back